Good luck ‘merica

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

peps1

Re: Good luck ‘merica

Post by peps1 »

What if trump V2.0 is Better, Stronger, Faster?
rafmax

Post by rafmax »

peps1

Post by peps1 »

Big Monk

Post by Big Monk »

I think what most of us are looking for in the States is a period of stasis. I think many of us, myself included, who consider themselves center left leaning but with good doses of reason, common sense, and healthy skepticism don’t see Biden as the next best thing, but more like the recuperation after a long bender: You aren’t hoping for change but rather just for your head to stop pounding and General inactivity.
"Beneath the bebop moon, I'm howling like a loon…”
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

HorseyBoy wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:28 am As a non-American, I think it's fair to say the Electoral College system is ridiculous and that the state-by-state approach to federal voting is equally idiotic. In four years, Trump has stress-tested just about every "check and balance" that is supposedly built into the US constitution and it's been found seriously wanting. He wants to be a dictator and apparently a whole bunch of people are fine with that. It saddens me that there are enough Americans (in key states and elsewhere) to make it possible for a man like Trump - a reality television "billionaire"/snake oil clown - to win an election, not just once but potentially twice. Having said that, it's not only America: the world is full of idiots and there is a serious lack of empathy for others pretty much everywhere. People are becoming increasingly disconnected from others and from other points of view. It's like everyone is living in their own insulated alternative universe. There is no such thing as objective truth. No such thing as right and wrong. Whoever wins, America is going to remain divided for a very long time. It is, to use a Trumpism, sad.
We had this in Queensland, Australia. Jerrymandering. Same as colleges.
It kept a religious zealot in power for decades. He even referred to media releases as "feeding the chooks". We were a police state. You did less time if you shot the cop dead and got rid of any pot you had on you than if you got busted with pot. Anything approaching a certain quantity (can't remember but it was fuck all) and you scored mandatory life which was 25 years. For pot. For killing a copper you'd do around 12-15 depending on how good your lawyer was. If you "quantity" wasn't quite up to the amount, they'd help you out in the evidence room. Unless you could help them out at the place where you got busted.
Finally he was overthrown by his own people and the jerimander system was quickly dissolved. That was 1987 if I remember correctly
vanguard

Post by vanguard »

peps1 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:27 pm What if trump V2.0 is Better, Stronger, Faster?
I predict Trump's hasty free fall back to bad television where he belongs. The GOP is gearing up for damage control. When an incumbent bites it, the supporting party will likely rebrand asap, and these results suggest the GOP will be forced to swing sliiiightly toward center. Both parties are controlled by big pharm and the likes, right?--and, to keep the fat man's pockets open, the proles must have the impression their respective parties are adapting to stay competitive and thus represent their interests.

On the other hand, our highest court :headpop:

. . . Perhaps the QAnon lunatics will proliferate like farts on chili night, and we're all fucked :freakout:
https://blackstrapelectrik.com/

Has anyone seen an Englishman called Gavin?
Big Monk

Post by Big Monk »

vanguard wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:00 am
peps1 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:27 pm What if trump V2.0 is Better, Stronger, Faster?
I predict Trump's hasty free fall back to bad television where he belongs. The GOP is gearing up for damage control. When an incumbent bites it, the supporting party will likely rebrand asap, and these results suggest the GOP will be forced to swing sliiiightly toward center. Both parties are controlled by big pharm and the likes, right?--and, to keep the fat man's pockets open, the proles must have the impression their respective parties are adapting to stay competitive and thus represent their interests.

On the other hand, our highest court :headpop:

. . . Perhaps the QAnon lunatics will proliferate like farts on chili night, and we're all fucked :freakout:
Those QAnon MFs are BATSHIT crazy. What happened to aliens and Bigfoot? People have way too much fucking time on their hands.
"Beneath the bebop moon, I'm howling like a loon…”