Recommend me a pod cast (back in lockdown)

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

squarewave

Recommend me a pod cast (back in lockdown)

Post by squarewave »

So here in Melbourne town we’re back in a short lockdown. Can anyone recommend me a podcast to listen to? Not just music anything that’s ok production and interesting subject matter.

Ones I’ve been listening to are -

The dollop - there are loads of episodes but the ones that spring to mind as good uns' are - the Donner party, 10c beer night, the penguin massacre of Macquarie island are the ones that almost made me crash the car I laughed so hard (the trump double ep is great to really know what a cunt he is)

Wind of change - scorpions song written by the CIA (or was it?)

The vinyl guide - record nerd Stuff

Born a punk - punk band nerd stuff

Kreative Kontrol - more music nerd stuff

Clear and vivid - Alan Alda kinda sciency stuff - interesting interviews with Dr Fauci

Root of evil - freaky connection between a Doctor, the Black Dahlia
Murder and the surrealists (real freaky)

Let me know what you got 😀😀
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
TonnyHarrison

Re: Recommend me a pod cast (back in lockdown)

Post by TonnyHarrison »

I’m from Alabama so I just listened to the “S Town” podcast series that starts off looking into a crime here in the state, and turns into a biopic of a really interesting eccentric horological guy. I thought it was very interesting and entertaining as hell, funny, sad, mysterious. Whole thing is great.

I’ve read about that doctor and his connection to the Dahlia, and the surgical knowledge and skill supposedly required to cause the injuries. Insane
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

Stay safe and sane, man. I feel for you Melbournites!
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

HorseyBoy wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:55 am Stay safe and sane, man. I feel for you Melbournites!
Only 5 days :badteeth:
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

TonnyHarrison wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:46 am I’m from Alabama so I just listened to the “S Town” podcast series that starts off looking into a crime here in the state, and turns into a biopic of a really interesting eccentric horological guy. I thought it was very interesting and entertaining as hell, funny, sad, mysterious. Whole thing is great.

I’ve read about that doctor and his connection to the Dahlia, and the surgical knowledge and skill supposedly required to cause the injuries. Insane
Thanks man, ill cheque it out.

The Dahlia podcast left my mouth agape many times
daCod

Post by daCod »

Big fan of The Office so have been on an ‘Office Ladies’ binge as of late. Deep dive into each episode starting at the pilot. Jenna and Angela are a couple of dorks. Good times.
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

daCod wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:56 am Big fan of The Office so have been on an ‘Office Ladies’ binge as of late. Deep dive into each episode starting at the pilot. Jenna and Angela are a couple of dorks. Good times.
ahhh sweet, I'll add it to the list.

I love both versions of the office.
Lach

Post by Lach »

Another Melbournite here, hoping it keeps to 5 days...

I really loved the No Dogs in Space podcast last lockdown. It's from a couple from the Last podcast network and is really well done. It follows the emergence of punk through 10 bands, a lot of the usual suspects are in there, Stooges, Damned, Cramps, DKs, the Slits etc. There's not heaps of new info if you're particularly nerdy about any of the bands included, but a very entertaining podcast.

Been listening to a bunch of others, but that's the first that popped into my head if you dig that kind of thing!

I love Turned out a Punk, so many good interviews and discussions on there, listened to a great one with Dale Crover just recently... One Life One Chance with Toby Morse is a similar format and just as good.
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

No dogs I space space sounds cool - maybe Sammy no brains will take a listen 😂

The Lou Barlow interview is pretty interesting on turned out a punk. J must have been a ball to work with 😳
Salesman

Post by Salesman »

Lex Fridman, Sean Carrolls Mindscape, Bertcast, Geeks Guide to the Galaxy, Singularity FM, The truth about vintage amps and The Portal.

Those are quite good.