Design Flaw or Vintage Correct?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

sledz

Re: Design Flaw or Vintage Correct?

Post by sledz »

CraigBeckGuitar wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:53 pm If you leave any electrical device with the batteries in it, and do not use it much, the batteries will drain". His solution was for me to unscrew the back and remove the battery after each use.
If the builder keeps his brain in the head, and do not use it much, the brain will dry out. My solution for him is to remove it after each use.
CraigBeckGuitar

Post by CraigBeckGuitar »

kluskie wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:28 pm Plus he's used fake NKT275 trannies - hope you didn't pay a lot for it.
I paid $250.00.

Here is the listing:https://reverb.com/item/38479038-sound-louder-jucie

I asked Jorge from Sound Louder if the NKT275 were fake and all communication has stopped. :bangs head:
daCod

Post by daCod »

^ that sucks!

but in the end [and w/a fresh battery] does it sound killer? because if it do then get the switch swapped and make some evil sounds :party:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
CraigBeckGuitar

daCod wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:30 pm ^ that sucks!

but in the end [and w/a fresh battery] does it sound killer? because if it do then get the switch swapped and make some evil sounds :party:
Yes, it does sound killer. Anyone here in the DAM forum who I can pay to have it fixed properly? I prefer USA to keep shipping costs low. Also, if you have a spare NKT275 laying around, that would be a plus! :lol:
daCod

Post by daCod »

jerms and dr. tony balls are my 2 go-to technical support duders fwiw :tu:
doc balls might be a wee bit more free than jim as i think he's still working on/in his studio at the moment.
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
kluskie

Post by kluskie »

Well he was clever to describe the transistors as NOS as essentially it can refer to anything that has been bought new and not used for a while. Plus he can call them NKT 275s as that what it says on them. But original real 275s they are surely not. If they sound good though just play it and enjoy. Originals in the correct gain/leakage range for a Fuzz Face are off the scale now price wise and that’s IF you can even find them - nigh on impossible to find these days.
CraigBeckGuitar

kluskie wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:17 am Well he was clever to describe the transistors as NOS as essentially it can refer to anything that has been bought new and not used for a while. Plus he can call them NKT 275s as that what it says on them. But original real 275s they are surely not. If they sound good though just play it and enjoy. Originals in the correct gain/leakage range for a Fuzz Face are off the scale now price wise and that’s IF you can even find them - nigh on impossible to find these days.
I agree, If it sounds good, enjoy it.

This experience has reaffirmed my belief in the experienced and honest builders who have provided me with excellent customer service:
DAM
Blackstrap Electrik
Blue Colander
Pigdog
Paperboy Pedals
Hello Sailor
Ghost Effects
Eiko Electric Sound
Creepy Fingers

A big thank you to each of you! :cheers:
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

daCod wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:43 pm doc balls might be a wee bit more free
Hey now, let's not forget i have an AGGRESSIVE bowling schedule...
daCod

Post by daCod »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:56 pm
daCod wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:43 pm doc balls might be a wee bit more free
Hey now, let's not forget i have an AGGRESSIVE bowling schedule...
:biglol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:56 pm Hey now, let's not forget i have an AGGRESSIVE bowling schedule...
That's cool, as long as you don't roll on Shabbos!