Euro 2020(1)

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

rafmax

Re: Euro 2020(1)

Post by rafmax »

It depends on what you mean by era (as an individual or part of national team) but :
-> MBappe.
22 year old
World Champion 2018 (remember Argentina - France)
Champions League Final 2020
Champions League Semi Final 2021
---------
43 games / 27 goals / 19 assists (Champions League)
first appearance @ 17years (As Monaco)
None of the legendary players you mention did better at same age.

Good start for this kid :chillin:
And I hope that's just a start !

Francus1971 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:49 am
I still haven't managed to convince myself that they have players capable of marking an era like il fenomeno, zizou, or messi-cr7 did, but undoubtedly kimmich, mbappè, kantè etc are great players.
among all, however, I prefer benzema, who in my opinion is the best center forward of the tournament and havertz-sanè who seem very concrete as well as spectacular
Francus1971

Post by Francus1971 »

rafmax wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:06 am It depends on what you mean by era (as an individual or part of national team) but :
-> MBappe.
22 year old
World Champion 2018 (remember Argentina - France)
Champions League Final 2020
Champions League Semi Final 2021
---------
43 games / 27 goals / 19 assists (Champions League)
first appearance @ 17years (As Monaco)
None of the legendary players you mention did better at same age.

Good start for this kid :chillin:
And I hope that's just a start !

Francus1971 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:49 am
I still haven't managed to convince myself that they have players capable of marking an era like il fenomeno, zizou, or messi-cr7 did, but undoubtedly kimmich, mbappè, kantè etc are great players.
among all, however, I prefer benzema, who in my opinion is the best center forward of the tournament and havertz-sanè who seem very concrete as well as spectacular
as much as he is a wonderful player, to date I can't imagine him lasting for 10 years at very high levels, let's see I wish you so.
but here numbers do not impress me so much sincerely, physically and technically he is very gifted, let's see if he is also mentally and temperamentally
I like players who take the team, those who lead you to win not only with numbers but with leadership (crujff and maradona i.e.)
mbappè is young and can improve a lot from that point of view, let's see if it is in his characteristics. to me it seems more born to be a star than a leader, but time will tell. unfortunately, for me the psg also does not matter, they are the same as the harlem globetrotters brought into football. let's see if he can go to play in madrid yes he can make a remarkable career leap, if I were him I would not think for a minute to leave Paris
rafmax

Post by rafmax »

Francus1971 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:35 pm as much as he is a wonderful player, to date I can't imagine him lasting for 10 years at very high levels, let's see I wish you so.
Hope so
but here numbers do not impress me so much sincerely, physically and technically he is very gifted, let's see if he is also mentally and temperamentally
mentally, he is a "machine". french being my main language, trust me, he is also well gifted intellectually. Well balanced team, parents, lawyer/agent around him too.
I like players who take the team, those who lead you to win not only with numbers but with leadership (crujff and maradona i.e.)
Numbers are never totally meaningless. Leaders are sometimes the guys with 100+ selections in national teams,... these could be goal keepers or defenders. These are the real leaders.
mbappè is young and can improve a lot from that point of view, let's see if it is in his characteristics. to me it seems more born to be a star than a leader, but time will tell
That's exactly because he is so young that it's amazing. Except for major injury (ies), he was designed du succeed :hihi: Let's enjoy his presence :party:
unfortunately, for me the psg also does not matter, they are the same as the harlem globetrotters brought into football. let's see if he can go to play in madrid yes he can make a remarkable career leap, if I were him I would not think for a minute to leave Paris
Harlem Globetrotters ?... hmm... only lost against Bayern in final last year (1-0), and have beaten Barca and Bayern this year. That's very nice for the Harlem's :whistle:

Time will tell about MBappe, Psg,... and Euro :popcorn: :tu:
peps1

Post by peps1 »

So hard for me as an English man to say anything good about France or Germany. but, I can see France winning this one.

Edit to add:

Especially if Germany keeps putting the ball in the wrong net! :hihi:
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

WTF was that greenpeace activist all about? Nutter :hmm: :badteeth:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
rafmax

Post by rafmax »

I have watched the first good game since the beginning or the euro. Whatever the result.
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Best game for you maybe but for the neutral maybe not. It was ok but hopefully a lot more to come from both those sides
rafmax

Post by rafmax »

hmm... I am not saying it was a great game, just the best one. Haven't watched them all, but a few :badteeth:
Poor games involving Sweden, Spain, Poland, Portugal, etc...
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

You’re right though, it’s been the usual 1st round cagey games, teams just happy to settle for a point.

Sparks will start to fly now that the matches are getting more important
Francus1971

Post by Francus1971 »

good game, havertz great disappointment, while I saw a pogba in great shape, and france fielded a great defense covered perfectly by the midfield.
france is confirmed as the favorite for the title