Reverb is a cesspool

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Doveholes

Re: Reverb is a cesspool

Post by Doveholes »

Someone recently purchased a pedal from me on Reverb then re-listed it for £100 more. Despite it being still being in stock direct for less.

When I called them out on it they responded to say: "I’m sorry if you are uncomfortable with us reselling this. I didn’t realise it would be an issue for you."

I'm glad I at least I got to tell them that it was a dick move and a shitty business model.

I've also had a re-seller send multiple low ball offers for pedals that they were stocking in their shop for significantly more. Oddly enough they did not respond when I pointed this fact out.
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

Someone just posted a 2021 Electric Eye new in shipping box, completely unopened for 1k. Assuming they didn't immediately fall on hard times that's pretty shameless :roll:
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
daCod

Post by daCod »

hamoftruth wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:17 pm Someone just posted a 2021 Electric Eye new in shipping box, completely unopened for 1k. Assuming they didn't immediately fall on hard times that's pretty shameless :roll:
Was just about to post this. What the fuck people. Inconsiderate greedy little twat. I’m sure there are plenty of people who would have loved to own this pedal and put it to good use immediately upon arrival, and not just let it sit in the box waiting for a profit :co:

https://reverb.com/item/44008803-pigdog ... t=44008803
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

The issue with scalpers is sadly an inevitability when things become too popular. 'Professional' scalpers have the luxury of having lots of time to constantly monitor when shit becomes available via dealers or on the used market, and also don't have to worry about leaving their overpriced wares up for sale for weeks on end if that's what it takes to get a profit.

Here are a couple of techniques that could help folks here stay ahead of the curve:

1) Mentioned this one before (and sorry to those who are taking advantage of this feature already) but if you use the 'subscribe' feature to the D*A*M Direct thread, then you'll stand a good chance at scoring the goods before the flippers. On top of that, you can then configure an email client on your mobile phone to give you a loud notification whenever you get an email specifically from 'forum@stompboxes.co.uk' (different phones/email providers will have different ways of setting that up, but it should be possible on pretty much everything, I'd imagine).

2) For some reason in the last year or so Instagram buried this feature away, and I guess most people don't know about it anymore, but it's still possible to receive notifications when specific Instagram pages post something new to their feeds etc. You've got to go to the 'followers' tab on your own IG page, and configure the options (3 dots) for the specific accounts that you want to receive notifications about. Use the notifications settings on your phone to make sure that Instagram sends you fuck-off-loud notification sounds that will wake you up if you live in an opposite timezone to macaris_official or jermsfuzz, or wherever.

3) This might need a bit of experimenting as it relies on third party tools, but you can set up email notifications for changes on websites. This could be useful for when new products come up for sale on Joe's online pedal store, for example. YMMV, because I've never tried this before, but theoretically https://visualping.io/ could work, when using a URL like this.

4) Use Reverb's 'daily feed email' function. You can 'follow' specific search strings to add them to a feed, which you can view in a pretty clean format on the mobile app. A daily email isn't really that great when the competition is as steep as it is now, but I guess it's better than nothing.

5) If all else fails, then take one for the team and send the scalpers endless messages and enquiries about their pedals for sale, just to waste their time :badteeth:
2guests

Post by 2guests »

Solded...

Screenshot_20210905-141701_Adblock Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20210905-141701_Adblock Browser.jpg (186.22 KiB) Viewed 1304 times
"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
sideasoundlab

Post by sideasoundlab »

Nick wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:40 pm Here are a couple of techniques that could help folks here stay ahead of the curve:

1) Mentioned this one before (and sorry to those who are taking advantage of this feature already) but if you use the 'subscribe' feature to the D*A*M Direct thread, then you'll stand a good chance at scoring the goods before the flippers. On top of that, you can then configure an email client on your mobile phone to give you a loud notification whenever you get an email specifically from 'forum@stompboxes.co.uk' (different phones/email providers will have different ways of setting that up, but it should be possible on pretty much everything, I'd imagine).
Thanks a lot for this mate ! :cheers:
I received my 2021 Electric Eye and it rocks ! It won't end up on reverb for sure :freakout:
Good deals with: Fishleehooker, Sovtekfuzz, Idle South, Blue Colander Stompboxes
jerms

Post by jerms »

i wonder if it would be worthwhile to start a sticky thread here that outs the most egregious flippers so we all can avoid contributing to the insanity... i'm going to unload a few things in the near future and would like to get things to people that will appreciate them...
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

It *seems* to me that a lot of the craziest prices right now are in listings from sellers in China for some reason...

Here's a DAM 1965 for $3k :paranoid:

https://reverb.com/item/44066008-d-a-m-1965-2016-green
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
1976@metal

Post by 1976@metal »

Despite playing for nearly 30 years its only been in the last 2 years that I've properly got into fuzz. Two years ago , maybe even one year ago, when I started buying fuzz pedals a lot of this stuff was in the £300-£500 price range tops, and I could just about afford/justify buying something in that range and keeping it if I loved it or selling it ( for a touch less than I paid for it ) if I didn't ....to then use the money from the sale to buy/try something else.
Seems like a lot of this stuff has suddenly/recently increased in price 100%....200%....300% ..and often much more.
There's clearly people who can afford to and do pay these prices, and the whole time they do the market is gonna be unreasonably and unrealistically inflated, and "normal folks" like me aren't gonna get a look in.
In one way you could say fair enough .. if someone wants to buy something for a ridiculous price then fair play if someone else wants to sell it to them for that amount. Supply and demand I guess ( however much I think it sucks)
But at the same time I kinda wish these minority of buyers and sellers did their deals in private instead of "setting the market" in public . These prices won't last forever , but someone's gonna have to back down for things to get to some kind of normal.
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

hamoftruth wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:05 pm It *seems* to me that a lot of the craziest prices right now are in listings from sellers in China for some reason...

Here's a DAM 1965 for $3k :paranoid:

https://reverb.com/item/44066008-d-a-m-1965-2016-green
Yeah I saw that, too bad cuz I'd really like a crack at that one but with an asking price of 3 fucking thousand I don't even want to reach out. With an asking that high what would he even settle at? 2000?
I've spent alot of money on DAM/Pigdog/September Sound etc before, but something happened in the last like 6 months that made the market 100x more volatile
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp