Reverb is a cesspool

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Zacharia Matilda

Reverb is a cesspool

Post by Zacharia Matilda »

I know, I know... another fucking boomer bitching and moaning, but fuck me, dude.

Just my anecdotal observations. Seeing this listing:

https://reverb.com/item/43868574-vintag ... haser-bass

Just a short time after this auction ended:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265274411612#v ... cvip-panel

This, in addition to having to return the last 2 pedals I bought due to issues that were not disclosed. It’s a real fucking crapshoot with vintage pedals these days. Everyone trying to make a living out of flipping and ripping because, hey, the vintage pedal market is out of control, man! :banger:

I asked the douchebag selling the phaser if he bothered to fix the battery terminal before he jacked the price. We shall see if I get a response. :coffee:
"What we need is a love bomb. A 100% gold plated, purified love bomb."
spofftastic

Re: Reverb is a cesspool

Post by spofftastic »

Zacharia Matilda wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:54 pm I know, I know... another fucking boomer bitching and moaning, but fuck me, dude.

Just my anecdotal observations. Seeing this listing:

https://reverb.com/item/43868574-vintag ... haser-bass

Just a short time after this auction ended:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265274411612#v ... cvip-panel

This, in addition to having to return the last 2 pedals I bought due to issues that were not disclosed. It’s a real fucking crapshoot with vintage pedals these days. Everyone trying to make a living out of flipping and ripping because, hey, the vintage pedal market is out of control, man! :banger:

I asked the douchebag selling the phaser if he bothered to fix the battery terminal before he jacked the price. We shall see if I get a response. :coffee:

Totally agree - between this and SoCal being the "new" Macari's dealer - I am taking the route of smaller builders and waiting a long time! Reverb, for me, is just to see what's out there.
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

I had an idea to buy used crap from GC, list on reverb for double, and return to GC if it doesn't sell within the allowable return period. A measly and boring way to make a buck for all you flip-lurkers reading this.
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

I remember when it first started and it seemed new and refreshing, cool musicians just parting and trading gear, it was much better than eBay (without the big audience of course) but it didn’t take long for it to slip into the murky pits of hell. I’ve had way more fuckers moaning and complaining on Reverb than I ever got on eBay

As for the flippers, they are all just cunts in my book :badteeth:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

Yeah reverb mostly sucks now. Anything fairly priced just gets bought and reposted for double, and you have guys like SoCal preying on people who dont know that most sola sound pedals he has are available directly from Macaris to this day
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
so&so

Post by so&so »

I have nothing nice to say. So that’s all I’ll say.
windjamma

Post by windjamma »

Even the using of the site is shite now. Everytime i search now i have to change it from uk to everywhere. Nott just once but everytime i search then for some reason it just stops allowing me to change it. And don't get me started on flippers. The same scalper who bought my fuzzbound wanted to buy my R9. Fuck no.

More and more clicks i think iam through with it.
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

innerflight wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:53 pm
As for the flippers, they are all just cunts in my book :badteeth:
This 100% :fu:
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Dealers like SoCal make it not even fun to go on anymore
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

The flipping seems to have gotten really out of control in the past year or two. I hope it cools down eventually. :doh:

SoCal is especially egregious.
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues