Free Watkins Copicat VST

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

CONAN
You cajn't bajn me

Re: Free Watkins Copicat VST

Post by CONAN »

If I knew what you were talking about I would download that in an instant!!!!! :cheers:
imlikeajungle

Post by imlikeajungle »

Thanks D, downloading! I'll let you know what I think, I own a Copicat myself...
imlikeajungle

Post by imlikeajungle »

Gave it a spin... I think the RE201 sounds nice, too bad it's unregistered.
The Watkins looks great, but my Copicat is a LOT dirtier... Especially when you make it oscillate, though I think he very nicely simulated the way it reacts to the actual changes of the controls.
mhat

Post by mhat »

Great stuff, I'll try these over the weekend. I was looking for a good ape echo sim a few weeks back but never finished the search. you read my mind.

good to hear you're involved with the Native Instruments stuff. I'm quite a fan of their software. Very useful for someone who lives in the middle of a terrace of houses. :badteeth:

Mike
imlikeajungle

Post by imlikeajungle »

I don't use Reaktor but I would be very interested in some nice VSTs... Especially the more 'weird' things!
welshchris

Post by welshchris »

Thanks D, I'll get a download of that after the weekend.

I was meaning to ask you a few questions. I'm pretty new to this whole home recording thing, I've a dual core pretty fast laptop (running vista, I know that's a big over head though it seem to be ok and I've no real choice at the mo) 2G RAM, and an edirol UA25 to get the guitar in.

I've been playing with Calkwalk (home studio 6 I think, it came with the UA25) and Reaper as multi track tools. Someone gave me guitr rig 2 to try and get some guitar tones out of, to be honest I'm not crazy about it, don't get me wrong it's not dreadful or anything, I've just a feeling there's better out there, I hear guitar rig 3 has an orange amp set up?

Bacisically I'm just looking for something I can use as a sketchpad for ideas, work out harmoneys/solos pretty basic stuff... I can always mic my house amp, but it is nice to sit quietly in a room woking on idea without annoying everyone in the street sometimes....
What would you recommend for someone on a budget?

Cheers,

Chris
... No I can't turn down
welshchris

Post by welshchris »

Sickle wrote:
welshchris wrote:What would you recommend for someone on a budget?
Before you spend a dollar I'll hook you up with some really good stuff I've got that's freeware. I think you'd be pretty surprised!

@ imlikeajungle: I'll make a care package for you as well.

:cthulhu:
Cheers D, That would be amazing!! :headbanger:
... No I can't turn down