This seems a tad pricey...

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Dragonfly

This seems a tad pricey...

Post by Dragonfly »

Am I missing something ?

DAM MKII WITH OC-81D'S - STARTING PRICE $1200

Nice pedal, but doesnt that seem expensive ? I thought the going price was $500-$700, with a few that slide in at around $400
psycho*daisies

Re: This seems a tad pricey...

Post by psycho*daisies »

I think that's about what the more recent ones are going for ($500-700)
sans Mullard OC81D's and mustard caps. This one has both, so it's probably around 2005.
I don't think Dave has or expects to have those parts anymore...(supplies have dried up?)

There's always hope for another stash found...

It does seem like a lotta dough, though, huh?
It would be more respectable to just start the bidding at $1 and see what the market brings.
which might be up around $1k or more, just a guess...
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
mrpicard

Post by mrpicard »

They are not going to get any bids from Australia. Because of the financial collapse in the USA the Australian Dollar has lost 50% against the US Dollar in just 7 weeks. That is, it is now 50% more expensive to buy anything from the USA than it was 7 weeks ago: the rate was 98c then and now it is just 65c. So, nobody from Australia will be purchasing any USA goods for a long, long, long time.. One may think that is is counter intuitive that the Australian Dollar would lose value if it was the US economy that had collapsed. Well, it is but that is one of the major signs why the US is in serious financial trouble. Shame really as I used to enjoy buying USA music items...
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

mrpicard wrote:They are not going to get any bids from Australia. Because of the financial collapse in the USA the Australian Dollar has lost 50% against the US Dollar in just 7 weeks. That is, it is now 50% more expensive to buy anything from the USA than it was 7 weeks ago
You said it MrP, i was all set to order a swart AST untill the arse fell outof the AUD. I did do well with my 59RI jazzmaster though. Now we wait...
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
mhat

Post by mhat »

Woohooo ! Not that I'm going to sell mine. But still ... woohoo !

Mike
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

looks like he's changed the starting price to $995 and the BIN price to $1200 now.

Great pedal, and I suppose if money was no object i'd be tempted...i'd probably still hold out for one that was less $$$ though.
JP30

Post by JP30 »

WOW, rare MK2. I want it.
but
$1000.00 is a lots of money. that's even if US economy comes back.
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

mrpicard wrote:They are not going to get any bids from Australia. Because of the financial collapse in the USA the Australian Dollar has lost 50% against the US Dollar in just 7 weeks. That is, it is now 50% more expensive to buy anything from the USA than it was 7 weeks ago: the rate was 98c then and now it is just 65c. So, nobody from Australia will be purchasing any USA goods for a long, long, long time.. One may think that is is counter intuitive that the Australian Dollar would lose value if it was the US economy that had collapsed. Well, it is but that is one of the major signs why the US is in serious financial trouble. Shame really as I used to enjoy buying USA music items...
Just to clarify, the reason the American dollar has actually risen and other currencies have fallen is because investors around the world have more confidence in the American dollar in the event of a global recession. This is because in the event of a crisis, America is the strongest investment due to the fact that if we collapse, the world collapses, so they're not going to allow that. Also, the financial "collapse" in America is more like a collapse of one area: the housing market. And America is not the only one who bought these bad mortgages. Funny thing about greed is that it knows no political borders and this is why Europe and Asia are tanking right now. It's a global problem, so no need to blame one country, we're all at fault. Just thought I should clarify the problem.
Graham

Post by Graham »

mrpicard wrote:They are not going to get any bids from Australia. Because of the financial collapse in the USA the Australian Dollar has lost 50% against the US Dollar in just 7 weeks. That is, it is now 50% more expensive to buy anything from the USA than it was 7 weeks ago: the rate was 98c then and now it is just 65c. So, nobody from Australia will be purchasing any USA goods for a long, long, long time.. One may think that is is counter intuitive that the Australian Dollar would lose value if it was the US economy that had collapsed. Well, it is but that is one of the major signs why the US is in serious financial trouble. Shame really as I used to enjoy buying USA music items...
We haven't been so badly hit in England but even so a few weeks back I was scoring stuff from tha US at close on $2 / £1 now it has dropped dwn to around $1.70 so a 15% drop - nowhere near the AUD yet but it is still enough to have me think hard on anything other than the very most desirables and I'm not putting a Mk2 at £700 - an OC81D model or otherwise! - thats what I gave for my Zonk Machine! :badlove: !!

This was the same guy who had that other nice early mk2 with mustard caps the other week - made $720 which was still bloody strong (with the £ then around $1.90 too) - I am not certain but didn't that one sell and then immediately resell at the same price? something like that I think - Anyway an additional $500 for the fancy transistors :roll: - you could get two regular ebay mk2's for $1200 - maybe three of them if you put your name on the next list David decides to run!!!

G :mrgreen:

btw whats the betting now on that EMS Synthi HiFli - $10k plus maybe??
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

$10K is not a long shot here......

The pedal is aleady at $6200......

People are paying crazy money for these pedals.

Are you going for it?
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.