Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Gary

Re: Re:

Post by Gary »

Stu wrote:
Philip wrote:Wow!
Double Wow!
Thrice Wow. Never leave the house again. :badlove:
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I used to have a brown deluxe...I wish I hadn't sold it but mine was a bit of a basket case. Nice scores Scott! What year is the ac-30?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Scott

Re: Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

Post by Scott »

Yeah it's a late 1964 AC-30. Early early Beatles in a box. :hyper: It's a heavy ass amp but it sounds GREAT. :party:
daCod

Post by daCod »

where is it you keep finding these things man? honey-holes a plenty round your parts eh? :badteeth:
as long as you play them and not just stick em in a corner for eye candy, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :party:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Scott

Re:

Post by Scott »

daCod wrote:where is it you keep finding these things man? honey-holes a plenty round your parts eh? :badteeth:
as long as you play them and not just stick em in a corner for eye candy, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :party:
You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT dacod. these amps HAVE to be played or it's foolish to buy them. I play them all the time. and now that my tenants upstairs have moved out, i plan to turn them WAY up! Like last night i was just comparing the 2 deluxes and they are SO different. I swapped out the original oxford and put a 1964 C12N in there and it's not only much louder but the overall tone is superior and believe me, the old oxford sounds really nice. It's just that the jensen has the TONE. My amp tech put new caps and electrolytics in there. When i first got the BF deluxe it was low volume and needed work. It's now amazing. The brownface deluxe is perfectly different and also has amazing tone, just different. I'll do a demo of the 2 soon. There just one year apart. The tremolos on each are also very different sounding. But you are right dacod, they deserve and need to be played. I'm a kid in an amp candy factory and loving every minute of it. :cheers:
daCod

Post by daCod »

:crackjam:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

My holy grail amp is a vintage ac-30 but theyre pretty unattainable these days without a serious outlay of cash...color me insanely jealous!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Well its not as epic as Scott's haul but I'm pretty happy...the neck on this guy is perfect! Now to find a arm for that maestro trem!!
Attachments
image.jpg
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

Nice!
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

And hack it for a P90. :badteeth:
Condolences, the bums lost!