Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

pigeontoe

Re: Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

Post by pigeontoe »

Kayzer wrote:Woohooo, bought this baby yesterday night!

I was bidding on that.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Sickle wrote:
thesjkexperience wrote:I just committed to boughted a Meathead Deluxe from Sickle. :party:

Candles and Absinthe not included..

:hihi:
Methinks someone is reloading their magazines !

whatever might be coming up??

G
:mrgreen:
Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by Garfunk M. Rafferty »

Ebay is the devil...just scored myself a new guitar, modified 60's Eko, might need a pick-up change, but I figure at 314 quid delivered you can't go wrong :fu:
Nicorette for your chakras.
Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by Garfunk M. Rafferty »

I need to be banned from ebay...60's Teisco bass, 95quid delivered!
Nicorette for your chakras.
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Just picked up this today. $50 on Craigslist...one wire needed resoldering on the batery clip and it's as good as new.
70s Ibanez Wau Wau.
The weirdest and biggest ass wah pedal I have ever seen. I know they made a fuzz/wah combo pedal but this is just the wah...although it really is a wau wau....it has an accent.
Sounds a bit like a phaser/vibe or a mutron though. Huge sweep, very dark even after fiddling with the cogwheel a bit. Bit of a volume jump too.
Huge frickkin pedal.

Setting in nicely with it's adopted siblings

Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
the watcher

Post by the watcher »

G.S. Wyllie Fuzzizizer Bass Wah

A fuzzy wuzzy bass wah that kicks mucho ass. Don't think there is anything else like it out there!
Fuzz drives the wah, has a 3 way rotary switch - fuzz/wah/fuzz-wah also has a wah volume, a fuzz volume and a knob for deep bass tone cut. The other side of the pedal has a small switch which gives the wah more bite for soloing.

Luckily I boughted this a few months back when the dollar was still weak, but still got stung on import taxes. I am NEVER letting this go, number 17, and also sounds wicked with either a Meathead, a Zeke or a MKII stuck in front.
the watcher

Post by the watcher »

The bass version like mine is a bit special. I don't think the guitar version has the rotary control, I may be wrong but I think its a straight wah, although a very very good one at that.
Graham

Post by Graham »

the watcher wrote:The bass version like mine is a bit special. I don't think the guitar version has the rotary control, I may be wrong but I think its a straight wah, although a very very good one at that.
I think that the bass version was the first - I have got a regular guitar one (since Jeff D at Tonefrenzy likes to insure international shipments I also got shafted on taxes but got closer on $2/£1 so I guess the karma was a little balanced) it is a pretty regular - although very nice sounding - wah but with Wylies fuzzmite circuit as its nasty little heart - the straight guitar model has one rotary - a master vol as well as the basic on/off (i.e bypass) stompswitch under the pedal - its a killer pedal BUT what is even more "KILLERY" about it is when you stick a second fuzzmite in front of it (or behind for that matter) Dave Dirty Finger put me onto it when he lent me his Mite (I still got your rising sun Dave so probably need to be getting it back to you!!) We both decided that the doubled fuzzmite was such an outrageous thing that we have approached the maker to seeif hed consider making us up a couple custom fuzzizers. Dave DF and I both have a fuzzizer as well as a Mite and I can tell you and did at length on the old forum) as the owner of dozens of fuzz wahs (always my fave effects combo these last thirty five plus years) I'd have to put my hand on heart and say that I was stunned - just plain flat out gobsmacked - two fuzzmites and a wah - sonic bedlam and probably the only thing that is more guaranteed to get a reluctant amp to feeding back than a CS Overdriver or power boost .. That IS HIGH PRAISE FROM ME BELIEVE IT THE FUZZIZER IS ONE WICKED PEDAL BUT WITH A SECOND FUZZMITE CHAINED IS A MASS MURDERING SPEAKER TORTURER

Anybody looking for a killer fuzz wah really does need to check one of these pedalsout (I say that freely as it doesnt conflict anything yet offered by the Captain)

I was really and truly terribly impressed by what Ive seen/heard of the Wylie stuff and have told Jeff at Tonefrenzy that I am up for buying anything he gets by him (that could be interpreted as a wanted to buy ststement should anybody want to shed any Wylie stuff my way!!) - the Wylie stuff is backordered and when I got in touch with him looking for whatever I could buy he said would prefer that I dealt via Tonefrenzy.. Dave (DF) has been in touch to see about our double Mited fuzzizers and I don't know what the current state of play is!

Graham
:headpop:
GTHM

Post by GTHM »

the watcher wrote:G.S. Wyllie Fuzzizizer Bass Wah

A fuzzy wuzzy bass wah that kicks mucho ass. Don't think there is anything else like it out there!
Fuzz drives the wah, has a 3 way rotary switch - fuzz/wah/fuzz-wah also has a wah volume, a fuzz volume and a knob for deep bass tone cut. The other side of the pedal has a small switch which gives the wah more bite for soloing.

Luckily I boughted this a few months back when the dollar was still weak, but still got stung on import taxes. I am NEVER letting this go, number 17, and also sounds wicked with either a Meathead, a Zeke or a MKII stuck in front.
Hey watcher,

Totally forgot about this one.. Was looking to get one a coupla months ago. Pretty scarce no? Is this the one he had on his website, that needed some TLC, or is it a brand new one made for you?

Either way, congrats!

Looks deadly.
the watcher

Post by the watcher »

Hi GTHM

Yes, this one was made specially for me and I couldn't be happier with it.
DF and Graham's reviews on the old forum persuaded me to go for it, plus being a bass player I'd never seen anything like it... always seems to be the guitarists that get all the mojo.

Jeff at Tonefrenzy can maybe hook you up with one, he's a pretty cool guy.
Make sure you have a rig that can handle it though, the tonal sweep on this thing is lethal.