velcro a dam? blasphemy!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Banwell

Post by Banwell »

In a world where Gibson and fender will sell you pre -beaten up custom shop guitars for ££££ - why heap so much love on something you stand on? Also vintage pedals fetch top dollar beaten to crap too.
I am Incinerator

Re: velcro a dam? blasphemy!

Post by I am Incinerator »

I just picked up a pedaltrain Jr this past weekend. I don't have any DAMs, yet, but I would put velcro on them for sure. I've been procrastinating getting velcro on the pedaltrain and pedals. Is the velcro that comes with the pedaltrain any good? Is it a good idea to get some other stuff. I also need to get a power supply down the road for my non-fuzz pedals that eat 9volts for a snack.
robjrussell

Post by robjrussell »

hey incinerator - i have had pedaltrain stuff & you know what i found?
furmans spb-8 is WAAAAY more practical & useable. no messing with extra cables & what won't run in what power outlet of my power brick.
look into it as one can be had in good used condition for i think around 150$

the velcro that comes with the pedaltrain is decent.. i think all good velcro is good except that extreme velcro!! don't know what it's called but that velcro is nuts!!

and for the record - the reason i asked about the velcro is because this meathead is particularly good looking & if i end up selling it in a few years I wouldn't want the velcro to be a deterrent. some people hate it when you velcro pedals!!
Jules

Re: velcro a dam? blasphemy!

Post by Jules »

I use batteries with all my drives and fuzz pedals. Was actually thinking about fitting battery kill switches to my D*A*M's.
"Never underestimate the power of denial"
professor plum

Re:

Post by professor plum »

robjrussell wrote:hey incinerator - i have had pedaltrain stuff & you know what i found?
furmans spb-8 is WAAAAY more practical & useable. no messing with extra cables & what won't run in what power outlet of my power brick.

the velcro that comes with the pedaltrain is decent.. i think all good velcro is good except that extreme velcro!! don't know what it's called but that velcro is nuts!!

and for the record - the reason i asked about the velcro is because this meathead is particularly good looking & if i end up selling it in a few years I wouldn't want the velcro to be a deterrent. some people hate it when you velcro pedals!!
i can see were your coming from but in the end its not really worth it (imho) if someone isnt in to gettin a pedal because of velcro i think they are not really in it for the right reasons. the velcro in my eyes is a sign that the pedal is likely gunna sound good, because it actually made it to someones board!
analog love <3/
tekbow

Re:

Post by tekbow »

robjrussell wrote:hey incinerator - i have had pedaltrain stuff & you know what i found?

Had never seen these furmans before, but thats exactly what i've been looking for! so, can you get them in the u.k.with u.k. features like 240V and uk power outlets?
when you have a war, you want some people to be left alive at the end really.. otherwise it looks like you lost

Good deals:
Abanoise
Otis
robjrussell

Post by robjrussell »

i'm not sure if they're in the uk - i am from the states but live in australia & have my american board running through a power inverter.. no worries
tekbow

Re:

Post by tekbow »

robjrussell wrote:i'm not sure if they're in the uk - i am from the states but live in australia & have my american board running through a power inverter.. no worries
bugger.. the first pedal board i've seen that does what i want from the factory.. have emailed them.. see what happens
when you have a war, you want some people to be left alive at the end really.. otherwise it looks like you lost

Good deals:
Abanoise
Otis
robjrussell

Post by robjrussell »

no no no.
ebay man - they're like 280 new
robjrussell

Post by robjrussell »