Fuzzaround feeding frenzy .. !?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

cubba

Re: Fuzzaround feeding frenzy .. !?

Post by cubba »

OK, my .02 .... I can respect someone putting a potentially very pricey item on eBay, especially when you have some debt and the sale of said item would quickly do a lot to get rid of that debt.

Of course it's infinitely cooler to sell it to the right person here on the forum
(read: someone who's not going to turn around and sell it the next day, tomorrow, even a year later).
But the whole thing is rather nebulous, it's more about respect and camraderie of the forum we have here.
Notice how no one totally blasted Philip and how he didn't blast back.
Says a lot about the kool-ass nature of we, the D*A*M 'd!

:cheers:
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
Philip

Post by Philip »

cubba wrote:

Hey Phillip,

Is it just like the 1965 or different
(that is, if you're not on a total sabbatical)?

:tongue:
:dance:

It's a bit more savage than the 65 I had, but then again I'm playing it through a different amp. I had the Vox Dynamic Bass head back then, I use the MKI through the Vox Supreme which is more trebley etc than the dynamic.
tatter

Post by tatter »

MKI wrote: It's a bit more savage than the 65 I had, but then again I'm playing it through a different amp. I had the Vox Dynamic Bass head back then, I use the MKI through the Vox Supreme which is more trebley etc than the dynamic.
Nope, it's no good, you'll have to do some clips... :whistle:
http://www.myspace.com/sinisterfootwear
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinisterfootwear

Fender Vintage Player Stratocaster > D*A*M AA > Arion SAD-1 > Line 6 M9 > Ibanez 850 Mini Fuzz > CAE Boost / Line Driver
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I have a friend who owns a music magazine and he wants me to send him my fuzzaround for a review but I am too damn scared to post it to him, if it gets 'lost' then it's over, there won't be another one. For some strange reason, it makes me want to have a back-up but I don't think that will ever happen.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

Hey Philip! Glad to have you back. That was some short sabbatical. I feel like an ass, mainly because I just don't understand life in real terms. I've never had debt or bills or taxes, so I can't understand people's motivations behind decisions. Suffice to say I forgot to mention you sold your '65 to a fellow D*A*M member and I think you will be glad in the future that you kept your Fuzzaround. :cheers:

So, consider me an idiot for that post. Hope I'm not an outcast because now I questioned some decisions, but I really didn't mean any ill with any of it. I was just sort of curious, like others, about your motives. Yet I, unlike others, wrongly speculated about the reasons behind them.

Back to fuzz! :P You have an MKI? Not a '65? So was it built by someone or...., cause I'm kinda lost there. And please, yes, soundclips. I wish I could go back in time and download your MRB clips :bangs head: . You always have such great clips.
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

Sorry, unrelated qustion:

How much does Dave charge for postage (single pedal) to the USA? (is it £10?)

edit: reason i'm asking is some guy wanted to charge £22 for a pedal sent from UK to USA.
--it just seemed kinda high...
Last edited by psycho*daisies on Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
Philip

Post by Philip »

I'm still on a sabbatical, but I'm having a day off from it. :-D

No need to feel like an ass for your post poorbob, it was just your honest opinion on how you saw things, there is nothing wrong with what you posted or how you said it. 8-)

My fuzzaround is still available(it'll help my debt, but mainly I doubt I'll use it that much!), so it's a right person - right price kinda thing. :hmm:
mezcalhead

Post by mezcalhead »

I feel kinda bad for starting this thread off now .. I just had a kneejerk response "Oo look!", there was no brain involvement.

Things are getting a bit tough right now and even if they weren't I wouldn't judge anyone for doing what they want to with their own property. But I think we reached that point already.
psycho*daisies wrote:How much does Dave charge for postage (single pedal) to the USA? (is it £10? ...or £20?) --
It's £5 in the UK, and I think it's £10 to the US.
Philip

Post by Philip »

No one should be feeling bad over anything related to this! :love:
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

mezcalhead wrote:
psycho*daisies wrote:How much does Dave charge for postage (single pedal) to the USA? (is it £10? ...or £20?) --
It's £5 in the UK, and I think it's £10 to the US.
Thanks!
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...