...small DAMn world!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

1bottlerocket

Re: ...small DAMn world!

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Yea, riiiiight! :dance:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

kb892 wrote: the FZ-1A with a Red Rooster driving it and got a pretty usable alternative so if you're selling your house to save up for the next '65 auction that's something you might want to try out first :hihi: . I wish I could remember which pair it was but I think it was a MK1.5 way overdriven with the Rooster that actually gated or sagged so extremely that nothing came out at first but as the note decayed it broke through in a quick ramp up to volume that through us both for a loop... that was perhaps the most entertaining single sound of the day for me.
HA! Yeah, that was pretty entertaining...
...could it have been the FZ-1A driven by the Rooster that did the super-sag?

I tried out your Rooster at practice last night with my Jazzmaster and Supro Thunderbolt.
Sounds GREAT by itself, but i had this problem when running it into the 1965...i think it overwhelmed the '65 and the whole sound took a dive, got buried in pure mud. :badteeth: I backed off the controls but it still seemed to happen, (well, practice was moving along, so i didn't have time to mess with it)....so i just used the Rooster by itself...brilliant pedal! used it on I Can Only Give You Everything (Them) as an alternative to the standard Maestro Fuzz for that one...worked great!
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
Decy

Post by Decy »

welshchris wrote:There are a few folks on this forum that live in the Belfast area and have also met a few others in the UK/Ireland.

Me and David (slomatic) play in a band together but have also had a few drinks in real life with forum users.. Josoap (belfast), Davey Cho (Belfast band skypilot) , Muzz (Skybone), Gareth Flatlands, The Captain.... that's just off the top of my head, I have to say they're all cool folks. It's always fab to meet fellow nerds :cheers:

I don't think Ivan from Limerick band seadog posts here but the first thing we spoke about was D*A*M pedals, he's a meathead user.

Chris
If you know Andy from the band Dwell In Sun he's another Irish D*A*M user, I played a gig with him a couple of weeks ago and spotted both him and the bassist using D*A*M's.