Moderator: The Captain

MEH!

Re: Crack pipe of the week auction PT2

Post by MEH! »

WTF?? A relic pedal? The guts look like I put it together
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

I vaguely remember the Captain telling me and innerflight about a Cornish pedal he got....”first thing I did was rip the seals open to check the guts and it’s just a fucking MXR distortion “....something like that anyway :hihi:

EDIT: May have possibly been the same night as what’s in Dacod’s sig , suffice to say I was off my nut :cheers2:
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

stella_blues wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:54 pm I vaguely remember the Captain telling me and innerflight about a Cornish pedal he got....”first thing I did was rip the seals open to check the guts and it’s just a fucking MXR distortion “....something like that anyway :hihi:

EDIT: May have possibly been the same night as what’s in Dacod’s sig , suffice to say I was off my nut :cheers2:
I'm convinced that Cornish pedals are just a big rip. Fuck those sticker seals. :smashed:
Ben
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

stella_blues wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:54 pm I vaguely remember the Captain telling me and innerflight about a Cornish pedal he got....”first thing I did was rip the seals open to check the guts and it’s just a fucking MXR distortion “....something like that anyway :hihi:

Epic shit was epic. When this pish is over we need to go back down that rabbit hole and find E.T :party:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Yeah there is approximately zero chance that Cornish Flanger is even built on his own PCB. Its likely an EH Mistress that was gutted from its original enclosure, had some mods, and made bulletproof with all the Cornish buffers and whatnot.
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

I feel compelled to add my cornish story,

I always looked down on his brand, it seemed the near pinnacle of tgp stupidity. I reluctantly played one, an ss2, when offered as a trade. I was instantly convinced it was awesome. The sound was good, but what really sold me was how it played. That to me is a make of a good pedal. Of course it has to sound good but if it greases up your playing and makes you play better, then it has that something special. The other thing the ss2 had going for it was string definition. Even with the distortion all the way up I could clearly hear every string in a chord. I compared it to a grey box dod250 which it supposedly is based on and the dod250 didn't have that. Had a similar great sound but the string definition only came through with the cornish. I've had an ss2 on my board ever since.

I've since owned and played more cornish builds. Some didn't do anything for me. The most basic of them all is the best, imo. the nb3. It's just a buffered clean boost but it really is superb. I play these live at gig volume and i'm convinced. I started off not liking anything at all about the pedals, the boxes, the graphics, the stickers, the fanboys. But now I love them.

Im pretty sure he's upfront about the ones that are based off modded pedals. you have to send him a boss dd2 if you want a tape echo simulator. pretty sure the same is true for the flanger and chorus. I wouldn't mind trying one of these but I rarely use those effects so I don't gas. I do want a p1 still but i love my bug bear so much I don't know how anything could be better.

Anyway just my experience that I shared because Im bored and think cornish is worthy of some respect, based off of having used his pedals live for a few years now and not finding anything better. try one if you get the chance
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

innerflight wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:23 am

Epic shit was epic. When this pish is over we need to go back down that rabbit hole and find E.T :party:
Man it’ll be good to be able to go to the pub again :cheers:
Zuff-1A

Post by Zuff-1A »

jreeves47 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:04 pm I feel compelled to add my cornish story,

I always looked down on his brand, it seemed the near pinnacle of tgp stupidity. I reluctantly played one, an ss2, when offered as a trade. I was instantly convinced it was awesome. The sound was good, but what really sold me was how it played. That to me is a make of a good pedal. Of course it has to sound good but if it greases up your playing and makes you play better, then it has that something special. The other thing the ss2 had going for it was string definition. Even with the distortion all the way up I could clearly hear every string in a chord. I compared it to a grey box dod250 which it supposedly is based on and the dod250 didn't have that. Had a similar great sound but the string definition only came through with the cornish. I've had an ss2 on my board ever since.

I've since owned and played more cornish builds. Some didn't do anything for me. The most basic of them all is the best, imo. the nb3. It's just a buffered clean boost but it really is superb. I play these live at gig volume and i'm convinced. I started off not liking anything at all about the pedals, the boxes, the graphics, the stickers, the fanboys. But now I love them.

Im pretty sure he's upfront about the ones that are based off modded pedals. you have to send him a boss dd2 if you want a tape echo simulator. pretty sure the same is true for the flanger and chorus. I wouldn't mind trying one of these but I rarely use those effects so I don't gas. I do want a p1 still but i love my bug bear so much I don't know how anything could be better.

Anyway just my experience that I shared because Im bored and think cornish is worthy of some respect, based off of having used his pedals live for a few years now and not finding anything better. try one if you get the chance
I had older hammerite G2 and it was pretty great live pedal! Sounded something between overdrive and GE fuzz. With edge but had enough body, not too trebly or thin.
Which NB-3 you have, with battery version or black (with 9V only)? SS2 seems aĺso interesting, which one you find more usable?
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

Zuff-1A wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:35 pm
jreeves47 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:04 pm I feel compelled to add my cornish story,

I had older hammerite G2 and it was pretty great live pedal! Sounded something between overdrive and GE fuzz. With edge but had enough body, not too trebly or thin.
Which NB-3 you have, with battery version or black (with 9V only)? SS2 seems aĺso interesting, which one you find more usable?
I've got a grey nb3 with battery drawer. I don't like battery-free pedals. SS2 used to be my always-on dirt but now I'm using an old ts9 tubescreamer and then hit the ss2 when i want to rough it up. the nb3 adds a little special something, that buffered string definition thing even when the boost is all the way down, it's probably the most useful pedal even though it's a little boring ;) it's hard to turn off though once you hit it
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Got a spare 7.5k lying around? You can get a pickup!
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty