Crack pipe of the week auction PT2

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Tin Shack King

Re: Crack pipe of the week auction PT2

Post by Tin Shack King »

El Diablo Amps and Guitars in Minneapolis Minnesota gets my vote for this weeks’ crack pipe pricing on this Reverb ad. Love the pedal though.

https://reverb.com/item/48169610-d-a-m- ... sound-mkiv
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

Tin Shack King wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:09 am El Diablo Amps and Guitars in Minneapolis Minnesota gets my vote for this weeks’ crack pipe pricing on this Reverb ad. Love the pedal though.

Apparently someone didn’t agree that was crack pricing. The listing says “Sold”.
Tin Shack King

Post by Tin Shack King »

skelt101 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:48 am
Tin Shack King wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:09 am El Diablo Amps and Guitars in Minneapolis Minnesota gets my vote for this weeks’ crack pipe pricing on this Reverb ad. Love the pedal though.

Apparently someone didn’t agree that was crack pricing. The listing says “Sold”.
Supply & demand economics, I suppose. I haven't seen one on Reverb for some time. Have you been able to compare a FS-75 to a FS-77? Is the 75 that much better/rarer than the 77?
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

Tin Shack King wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:27 pm Supply & demand economics, I suppose. I haven't seen one on Reverb for some time. Have you been able to compare a FS-75 to a FS-77? Is the 75 that much better/rarer than the 77?
Sorry, I don’t have any personal experience with the FS-75 and FS-77.
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

The 77 can pretty much do what the 75 can do. Fuzz evolution at its very best

The 75’s can be sought after because they are a bit more ‘old school’

That price was crack and I could probably take a punt who bought it
’brutish in character but not thug like’
daCod

Post by daCod »

innerflight wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:49 pm The 77 can pretty much do what the 75 can do. Fuzz evolution at its very best

:award:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
kebneter

Post by kebneter »

innerflight wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:49 pm The 77 can pretty much do what the 75 can do. Fuzz evolution at its very best

You rang? Yes, I bought it — I wanted it, I like the seller, and it's a cool pedal. I haven't seen one for sale for a while. I also have another one but it's got different transistors in it.

I've also recently bought a couple of pedals direct from Macari's because I happened to be online when their availability was announced, and a number of cheaper pedals by D*A*M, Pigdog, etc. *shrug*

Prices aren't determined by single sales. They're determined by many sales. Just because two Ludwig Phase II Synthesizers sold for more than $6K several years ago does't mean that's the going price today. It just means that two people wanted them badly enough to pay that much for them. (IIRC, that was a bidding war on eBay, originally.) If I want to pay silly prices for some of Dave's very fine prices, that's my business.

Kate Ebneter
Collector of Noise Toys
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Of course it’s your business and good luck to you

The problem is it fucks it for everyone else because now every person who is sitting on a Fuzz Sound (or similar) and is thinking of selling is going to list it at crack pipe prices because why wouldn’t you? Great if you have the money not so great if you just want to get one and play the shit out of it
’brutish in character but not thug like’
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

this handwringing over prices is a real downer on this forum
people can list for whatever they want, people are free to buy, haggle, or pass
there's plenty of pedals out there at whatever price point you want to pay.
the instant flipping does annoy but at least it's not for a life necessity
kebneter

Post by kebneter »

innerflight wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:03 am Of course it’s your business and good luck to you

The problem is it fucks it for everyone else because now every person who is sitting on a Fuzz Sound (or similar) and is thinking of selling is going to list it at crack pipe prices because why wouldn’t you? Great if you have the money not so great if you just want to get one and play the shit out of it
It doesn't really fuck it for everyone, though, because if that next Fuzz Sound just sits there for months at that price it's clear that all the crazy people have already paid. :-) I watch a lot of listings on Reverb and people reducing prices happens all the time.

Regardless, I want to make it clear that my pedals are intended to be used and they are used (especially the D*A*M stuff because they're so good) by friends and others for recording and occasionally gigging. They don't sit in boxes looking pretty.

Kate Ebneter
Collector of Noise Toys