Re: Crack pipe of the week auction PT2

Post by innerflight »

Over £400 was taking the piss though :smashed:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

:popcorn:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

Here's one for you. I owned this one many years ago, I'm sure it's passed through many hands.. Good pedal, but this is insane. Just comical.. and sad.

https://reverb.com/item/35131853
daCod

Post by daCod »

Pigdog prices have gone thru the roof as of late. Not saying they don’t sound good (because Steve builds a mean as fuuuk fuzz box) but Christ on a bike those Reverb prices are straight insanity :headpop:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Lach

Post by Lach »

daCod wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:00 am Pigdog prices have gone thru the roof as of late. Not saying they don’t sound good (because Steve builds a mean as fuuuk fuzz box) but Christ on a bike those Reverb prices are straight insanity :headpop:
They really seem to have!

I thought my Party Favor price was alright on Reverb and on here? I invited offers if anyone thought it was unreasonable, nothing :hmm:

Oh well my bandmate doesn't want it to go anywhere since we named a song Party Favour on our EP haha so it's going to him
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

sciencefriction wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:48 am Here's one for you. I owned this one many years ago, I'm sure it's passed through many hands.. Good pedal, but this is insane. Just comical.. and sad.

https://reverb.com/item/35131853
That is nuts. I know it’s a prototype but a yellow Loony 2 went for $850 yesterday from the same seller
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Steve is easily gaining as much traction as Dave these days when it comes to builds.
Although recently Steve’s builds seem to be a little more conservative and not as extreme in terms of bright psychedelic paint jobs and rare mojo with locally made knobs etc of yesteryear his name is well known.
His pedals sell in his shop within hours.
That’s got to put a smile on your face when you can put out 18 pedals and they’re gone next time you check in.

Still , as always the market sets the price.
Me personally.... unless it’s a rarity, something I’ve been chasing for years or it’s vintage I won’t be spending that sort of cash on pedals.

I can’t warrant it enough. I go through pedals like pix and mix candy/sweets so it really has to serve a purpose to stay.
Fuzz has always been the dauphinois potatoes to my Sunday roast. It’s a treat on my board. But it’s the veg, meat and spuds which are my core day to day. Ie reverb, drive, delay.

The wahs, vibes , fuzz are all enhancements to my rig but my core playing ... I just need any sort of mild dirt really.

If you’ve got the cash spend it is my opinion but the purchase has to warrant the price.
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

I love the Sunday roast analogy!

If I had a spare few k in the bank I’d be all over that pedal to be fair. I’ll stick to cauliflower cheese for now :badteeth:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

There’s nothing wrong with a standard Toby Carvery :wink2: :hihi:
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Doc Holliday wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:47 pm There’s nothing wrong with a standard Toby Carvery :wink2: :hihi:
Or a Bernie Inn :hihi: