Halp! I can't find _______!!!!!

Post goodies for sale, buy and trade stuff.

Moderators: The Captain, devnulljp

rootfifthoctave

Re: Halp! I can't find _______!!!!!

Post by rootfifthoctave »

superslidetail wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:25 pm I found a brand new match at my local Fastenal store, not sure if you have any of those over there or not. Of course it won't match the age of the enclosure though.
I don't have any big DIY shops near me (city centre, although I guess I could try and find a small independent one? I'm not fussed about appearance and stuff. it's only a dunlop one and, once i've put something in it (probably an axis kit from fuzzdog) it'll get knocked about at rehearsal and gigs anyway.
kluskie

Post by kluskie »

PM sent
rootfifthoctave

I got a response from Pigdog Steve, who doesn't have the screws. He recommends a long M4 bolt and tapping the enclosure thread.

Is this a simple job? Would an amp tech or luthier be able to do it?
2guests

Post by 2guests »

Just put a rubber band around it and be done with it! :lol:

"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Give Dunlop an email. I've received parts from them before. Great customer service!
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

rootfifthoctave wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:04 pm I picked up a dunlop jdf1 enclosure but it's missing the baseplate screw. Anyone got a good source for these? Or if someone has one or two spares lying around, I'll gladly send you some beer money if you wouldn't mind sending one out to me :tu:
i might have one - pm me your address
rootfifthoctave

jreeves47 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:26 pm
rootfifthoctave wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:04 pm I picked up a dunlop jdf1 enclosure but it's missing the baseplate screw. Anyone got a good source for these? Or if someone has one or two spares lying around, I'll gladly send you some beer money if you wouldn't mind sending one out to me :tu:
i might have one - pm me your address
thank you so much!! PM coming your way soon
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Hi guys,
I need a couple of rubber feet and slotted bottom plate screws for my 1967 grey Vox Tone Bender. Any leads?
I think the screws maybe M4 cheesehead slotted, but I'm not sure. I only need two, but might get a full set of 4...
Thanks. :badteeth:
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

FWIW - I found a shop about 10 minutes from my place that has them. They're actually #4 sheet metal screws (3/8" long shaft) :tu:

Now, I'm looking for a couple of rubber feet. @ 5/8" tapered to 1/2" and 3/8" tall, with a metal washer....
Any leads?

20191203_234446.jpg
20191203_234446.jpg (314.85 KiB) Viewed 4174 times
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Does anyone have leads on a supplier of phenolic veroboard/stripboard? My previous North American supplier apparently doesnt make it anymore and they used to have these big luxurious sheets of it. Now all I can find is small ones and it sucks.