Spare a dime mister?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Jon Downstroke

Spare a dime mister?

Post by Jon Downstroke »

I know this aint about fuzz but......
........When I'm not playing guitar badly or working at D*A*M or packing knobs and pedals for you lovely folk I spend a lot of time training, as i'm hoping to run next years New York Marathon for charity (it may even coincide with an east coast D*A*M field trip!) :oldgrin: Along the way I want to help whoever I can and its with this in mind that I'm erm begging.

On the 10th of October i'm going to be running 10k cross country to raise money for Weston Park Hospital which is one of only 3 cancer hospitals in the UK and does a lot of good work not only treating patients but also as a research center working towards combatting the disease that claims or touches so many lifes. I know its a big ask but if any of you would be willing to sponsor me and help me raise money for this worthy cause you can do so at http://www.justgiving.com/Jon-Smales

Any amount however small would be really gratefully received and in return I promise two things;
1) I will run harder the more sponsorship I get sooo sponsor me enough and you may be able to make me sick.
2) I've got a good memory for this kinda stuff. :marx:
Cheers for ya time folks, hope you all have a great weekend, i'm gonna go and sick my protein shake up
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me

Post by CONAN »

Hey hey, the link doesn't work but I'll pay some rips on that there site if you sort it? And well done for supporting such a worthy cause.
jerms

Re: Spare a dime mister?

Post by jerms »

hey jon, yeah i can't get that link to work either.... i'd love to support your efforts!
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

Hmm, it worked when I looked at it at work, but now that I'm home it doesn't...maybe the site is down temporarily.
Will def. hook it up when it comes back.
edkoppel

Post by edkoppel »

yeah, if you go to the regular site it is down for maintenance.
but i am in when it is up!

good cause, and goodluck man!
Oh, DB? That's just slang for Dandy Big muff collector.
-----------------------
Tone Machines, Vintage Effects Blog: www.tonemachinesblog.com

Instagram: https://instagram.com/ed_skymall
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Good for you Jon. I did the London marathon last year. Training in winter is a bitch when it's cold, dark and raining out! It's such a massive sense of acheivement when you've done it though, worth every bit of pain!
High Noon

Post by High Noon »

I'm all for that Jon. Good luck!
Jon Downstroke

Post by Jon Downstroke »

Thank you so so much to everyone who's already donated you're all on Santas good boy list. :cheers:
I think the site was down for maintenance but is working ok again now.
Wow well done on the London Marathon Doctor X i'm fully starting to realise what an acheivment that is and i'm only up to running a quarter of the distance!
Thanks again everbody it really does mean a lot and it really is a great cause :tu:
eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

cool beans man. I started training this summer for the NYC next year (fucked up my knee recently). cancer sucks, kids are cool, I'm in.
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Im in too... I can't make it around the block.
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.