Ebay rip off

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

aaland_brian

Ebay rip off

Post by aaland_brian »

So I sold an amp on ebay and packaged the fuck out of it, double boxed with so much packaging material it cost me $120 just to ship it. I jammed on it for a good 15 mins before boxing it just to make sure there were no weird problems that arose after listing it just because of all the fucking scammers out there.

So the asshole who bought it filed a claim today saying it was not working properly and was making weird electrical noises and humming, so I told him to check the tubes and to make sure it was in an outlet that didn't have dimmer switches or flouresent lights on it. He says he checked the tubes before he even plugged it and tried it on several outlets before even filing the claim. So I told him to take it to a tech and have it checked out on my dime.

Then he emails me back saying the power cord poked holes in the speaker cones and that is the cause of the noise. I have been shipped many amps that have power cords attached and never have had a problem, nor have everheard of this, plus I don't think it would be possible for the cord with no force on it get up in the basket and then be able to punture a speaker. I'm waiting on the guy to send pics, but I have seen on his feedback he did something similar to a guy months back looking for a huge discount.

Any thoughts from anyone about a cord poking a speaker would be appreciated, maybe I fucked up, but all my mesa's have chords attached at the factory and they never poked a speaker in shipping.
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

Holes in a speaker cone dont cause electrical noises and humming.
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
aaland_brian

Re: Ebay rip off

Post by aaland_brian »

Thats what I was thinking, I had a celestion blue and gold in this combo and a brand new set of tubes, I wouldn't doubt I'll refund the guy since ebay buyer protection is so one sided and get it back minus speakers an tubes. I hate ebay so much, I have better luck with random people on craigslists or forums, I never learn :bangs head:
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I had something like that with a guy before too. He wanted a huge discount but I told him to send it back and I'll give him his money back. Ebay is so heavily slanted in its current form.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
cubba

Post by cubba »

Sorry to hear this Brian.

I hardly ever sell anything on ebay anymore.
The potential for such dickery is just way too high. :roll:
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

Well talked to ebay and they noted all my concerns and helped me work out a corse of action, now to see how it all plays out. I don't think my girlfriend is going to be happy that I can't buy her a gift now, but I'm sure she'll understand.
keithwalkingbear

Post by keithwalkingbear »

ebay is just fine , it's all the dick's sulking around it looking to rip you off that make it suck , it should say seller beware as well .
If it sounds broke , You fixed it ....
Cado

Post by Cado »

Good luck!
Kregg

Post by Kregg »

On the rare occasions when I've bought on e-bay I've never had a problem, I guess it's a numbers game.
The moral of the story ... sell your stuff to your friends here on D*A*M.
Or, only do business with guys whom have ratings of 666. :rolleyes2:
Sorry that happened to you man.
The surest way to save an endangered species ... put it on the menu.

A theory that explains everything ... explains nothing.
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me

Post by CONAN »

I had a guy who claimed the faceplate on a Matamp GT retro had been damaged on it s way to Italy. I told him to fuck off, he did, and it was problem solved.

Aaland, how many times did you tell him to fuck off? Maybe you need to tell him to fuck off more?