New VPW Pedals

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

kurge71

Post by kurge71 »

Not sure how it responds to a strat - don't own one - though probably responds similar to a tele (single-coil). Clean-up is very subjective - for my tastes it cleans-up fine - but when I'm rollin back the volume, its to tame the fuzz and explore darker, mellower tones.
itkindaworks

Post by itkindaworks »

I bought one of the MKI benders, we'll see how those sound. Looks badass though.
charge

Re: New VPW Pedals

Post by charge »

I got my MKI in the mail on Saturday, and I'm very happy with it. There was a mix up with shipping where I got the wrong pedal (I ordered one with the Texas Instrument transistors, but the one that came had OC75s), but Steve and Rich corrected it right away. Steve was also quite nice in customizing mine a bit by voicing it closer to the earlier MKIs(?) giving it some extra noise, gating, and some Maestro-esque characteristics in the lower Attack settings. I'll probably post a sound clip of it in the coming days.
itkindaworks

Post by itkindaworks »

charge wrote:I got my MKI in the mail on Saturday, and I'm very happy with it. There was a mix up with shipping where I got the wrong pedal (I ordered one with the Texas Instrument transistors, but the one that came had OC75s), but Steve and Rich corrected it right away. Steve was also quite nice in customizing mine a bit by voicing it closer to the earlier MKIs(?) giving it some extra noise, gating, and some Maestro-esque characteristics in the lower Attack settings. I'll probably post a sound clip of it in the coming days.
Sweet, I opted for the TI transistors too. Clips would be awesome, do you have any other MKIs to compare to?
charge

Post by charge »

I have a VPW Zonk and a MagnaBender MKI. Maybe I'll do a shootout, though all three are tuned so differently.