Graham's DAM SOLA Mk1.5's

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

Graham

Graham's DAM SOLA Mk1.5's

Post by Graham »

OK - So I have a few different ones - a couple of originals and a lovely one-off model that Dave built in a 90's reissue case a couple of years ago as well as a couple of these Goldies - I have to say that after blue hammerite - the Gold of the Mk1's and my Roto mk2 comes second in my affections here is the first, No 41:

The 4th from the left in the group shot - with the Dakaware chicken head knobs - of all the cast bodied pedals I have that David built in the chronological order they were built.. The first shot shows the one off mk1.5 (not strictly a Sola collaboration I know) ser no 007 of the first OC84 collaboration mk2s with the long board (just put a comparison set of the OC84 & new blue OC75 mk2's "up" - then the "bug eyed" Goldie is ser no 010 the next the one shown here ser no 041 and finally todays arrival ser no 007 in the blue short board mk2's.

I will put the group shot into the datadump section along with a few other "big group" shots I took today

Cheers - Graham :mrgreen:
Laundromat

Re: Graham's DAM SOLA Mk1.5's

Post by Laundromat »

Why the funny cap value? :badteeth:
Condolences, the bums lost!
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Tonal difference between the two Goldies?
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
Philip

Post by Philip »

The Captain made Psycho Daisies Dave a MKI.5 in a Sola reissue enclosure years ago.
1bottlerocket

Re: Graham's DAM SOLA Mk1.5's

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Graham wrote:OK - So I have a few different ones - a couple of originals and a lovely one-off model that Dave built in a 90's reissue case a couple of years ago as well as a couple of these Goldies - I have to say that after blue hammerite - the Gold of the Mk1's and my Roto mk2 comes second in my affections here is the first, No 41:

The 4th from the left in the group shot - with the Dakaware chicken head knobs - of all the cast bodied pedals I have that David built in the chronological order they were built.. The first shot shows the one off mk1.5 (not strictly a Sola collaboration I know) ser no 007 of the first OC84 collaboration mk2s with the long board (just put a comparison set of the OC84 & new blue OC75 mk2's "up" - then the "bug eyed" Goldie is ser no 010 the next the one shown here ser no 041 and finally todays arrival ser no 007 in the blue short board mk2's.

I will put the group shot into the datadump section along with a few other "big group" shots I took today

Cheers - Graham :mrgreen:
That is a seriously bad-ass gathering of D*A*M! Thanks for posting, Graham!!!
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Do they all come with a .015uf cap instead of a .01uf cap now?
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."