Drag N fly DF-05 White Hots

Hybrid fuzz tones to achieve sonic enlightenment.

Moderator: The Captain

Fuzzz

Drag N fly DF-05 White Hots

Post by Fuzzz »

Well I picked up one of the new DF05 'Fly's a few weeks back and have been absolutely loving it!! :freakout:

It's fitted with one of the new Magnatech AC127's ( not sure what the silicon tranny is.. ) and it absolutely screams!

Side by side with my '09 Fire Mist OC140 Fly, the White Hots has a touch more sparkle and slightly more pronounced upper mids and seems like it has more gain too.. The older Fire Mist sounds slightly softer to me and with a slightly looser low end..

Don't think I could choose a favourite, as they both sound amazing and the slight differences makes them cool in their different ways.. Although I was leaning towards the White Hots initially..

I usually use fuzz into a mostly clean amp, with just a bit of grit, but oh my god I will never look back now I have run these 'Fly's into a dirty amp!! Unbelievably good!

I have been setting the Level at max and the Filter at 9 o'clock and the Attack at 10 o'clock, so its kind of a booster, but adjusting the Attack and Filter can take it from a nice crunch to all out sludge - its awesome!!! :headbanger:

I can't say enough good things about this pedal really. The Drag N fly is definitely my favourite D*A*M pedal - I am only now just beginning to realise how versatile it is too! :party:

Thanks to the Captain for creating another awesome installment of fuzz and also to Jon at Downstroke, who is a pleasure to deal with! :cheers: :award:
D&F05.jpg
D&F05.jpg (309.94 KiB) Viewed 11371 times
D&F05-Inside.jpg
D&F05-Inside.jpg (369.05 KiB) Viewed 11371 times
Logic should not interfere with determination
the treble boost kid

Re: Drag N fly DF-05 White Hots

Post by the treble boost kid »

:dance:
Let's be fucking honest........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJF6kk7fjNk
T I E - F I G H T E R..........L E T S R O L L !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNs0RALUQw
stratguy23

Post by stratguy23 »

So do you have 3 DnFs now? :headbanger:

Makes me feel better that you have a bunch now since I did take the one you wanted :fu:
Fuzzz

Re:

Post by Fuzzz »

stratguy23 wrote:So do you have 3 DnFs now? :headbanger:

Makes me feel better that you have a bunch now since I did take the one you wanted :fu:
:whistle: (yes)

... I think missing out on your blue Drag N Fly traumatised me and so I went a bit nuts.. :hihi: :smashed:

I have Sola MKII (number 6 from the first batch :headbanger: ) on the way so I think I might be cured now! :paranoid:
stratguy23

Post by stratguy23 »

Dang! That's a nice score! WAY earlier than the one I have. I wish I had 3 Drag N Flys (just have the one)...
Fuzzz

Re:

Post by Fuzzz »

stratguy23 wrote:Dang! That's a nice score! WAY earlier than the one I have. I wish I had 3 Drag N Flys (just have the one)...
Yeah I am really chuffed with that myself! I got it today and so far I am just blown away with the tone in the MKII. It really is as good as all the hype! :headbanger:

If you like, I can sell you a 'Fly, that way we both have two! :hihi:

Think I may be re-assessing my recent acqusitions in a week or so, as I never expected that I would be picking up a Sola so soon..! :whistle:
stratguy23

Post by stratguy23 »

Haha that might be interesting, I do like Flys, shoot me a PM if you decide that, we will see. I am always tempted, but I need to be reminded I need to save for my $1,100 Cornish order...

Congrats again on the Sola though! They are great, great fuzzes!
Dullboy

Post by Dullboy »

Hello there, I just bought one of these fellas.
It misses the manual
Do you know if it’s 9V negative? Cheers
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

Dullboy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:31 am Hello there, I just bought one of these fellas.
It misses the manual
Do you know if it’s 9V negative? Cheers
I cant claim to know with certainty, but i'd be shocked if they were built with a standard jack that WASNT wired 9V center negative.