Searching that fuzz...

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Sanitarium

Searching that fuzz...

Post by Sanitarium »

Hi everybody...I'm new here...
I'm a happy owner of a red rooster and a sonic titan...2 brothers man...really the toxic twins...

I have a question...I'm serching for that classic fuzzy tone that comes out from an original '70 fuzz face...I wander...is there in production a DAM pedal that comes really close to this thing?...which one is?...the meathead?...the fuzzrong?...

Thank you!!!...
Fuzzz

Re: Searching that fuzz...

Post by Fuzzz »

Hey man, welcome to the forum! :party:

I recently picked up an M25 Meathead Deluxe and it really is a great sounding fuzz which I think is based on the fuzz face. There's plenty of scope tone wise and it's great from dirty crunch to all out fuzz mayhem. I can highly recommend it!
Logic should not interfere with determination
cajone5

Post by cajone5 »

Wonder if the EFE Black Acid would be what you're after?
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
Sanitarium

Post by Sanitarium »

Thanks men...you're really friendly here...so the meathead would be my goal?...I previously supposed that none of the tonebenders would satisfy my needs...
I'm looking out to find some video here and on you tube about this pedal...and I also hope to find something about the EFE...
I'm really trying to find a fuzz that can compete with my creepyfinger custom hakairi...Brad is a genius!!!...
In your onest opinions...how far will go the meathead compared to mine?...
Sanitarium

Post by Sanitarium »

Hey...the black acid...oh my...seems to be what I'm looking for...how can I buy one of this?...mmm...
Fuzzz

Re:

Post by Fuzzz »

cajone5 wrote:Wonder if the EFE Black Acid would be what you're after?
Yeah good point! Don't know why I never thought of the Black Acid! :doh: It seems like it could be the perfect fuzz face!

Not sure about the Creepy Fingers comparison Sanitarium but maybe some of the other guys will chime in..

You can sign up on the list - there should be a Black Acid thread with info!
Logic should not interfere with determination
modeerf

Post by modeerf »

I think that Creepy pedal is a superfuzz right? Very different from a fuzz face.
I would say the black acid or the M-25 meathead may be what you're after.
To me the standard meats are a bit tighter and more modern sounding than a 70's silicon fuzz face.
Do Drugs, Worship Satan.
Sanitarium

Post by Sanitarium »

Ok man...thank you so much...I will post in the dedicated section!!!...still listening some meathead stuff...looks pretty good!...

Hi modeerf...mine is a standard harakiri with some mods...so it's silicon...thank you!!!
modeerf

Post by modeerf »

No prob. :)

Still the Harikiri is a superfuzz variant. So even though it's silicon it won't sound like a silicon fuzz face.
Brad made me a custom creepyface a few years back that is pretty sweet. If you like his stuff maybe check into that as well.
Do Drugs, Worship Satan.
LucifersTrip

Post by LucifersTrip »

I checked schematics online and the meathead is a si Fuzz Face variant with taming caps on each transistor and a small input cap for brightness. There's other differences, but those seem the biggest