D*A*M Direct

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

agoldoor

Re: D*A*M Direct

Post by agoldoor »

I'm actually still at work, but I popped out really quickly to get to the post office, pick it up, come back, take a photo, strum a few chords and do a little run up and down the neck.

But my first impression is this:
Amazing.
It's got a little bit beefier low-end to it when compared to my Jerms (perhaps it's got .15uF's in there and that's why? I haven't opened it up, so that's just speculation, it could simply be transistor choice.) It's loud as the gods, which is how an MKI should be. Also, compared to the Jerms it is a bit less noisy. I play with single coils (specifically P90s most of the time), and so generally everything is noisier, but this MKI seems more stable. I'm excited to explore it more, but I definitely feel like neither of my two MKIs are better, they'll both fill a slightly different niche.

Who was it that said every MKI was like a snowflake? Definitely that.

Anyhow, that's my quick paragraph based on my two minutes with her. I'll give a better impression once I am off for the weekend. But what a weekend it's going to be now! I still am completely baffled as to how this puppy travelled 5242.4 miles in two days!!! Thank you Linzi and Captain, I'm completely honored!
jerms

Post by jerms »

Mine dropped today as well!!! :crackjam: that's some cross continental air-mail goodness for sure! Thanks cap'n!! :tu: Won't have a chance to giver her a run till tomorrow or the next day tho... :scared: my son and i are sick as dogs!!
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Get well soon man...and enjoy the MK I!!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
drunkenguitarist

Post by drunkenguitarist »

Hmm, I never got a tracking number from the Captain.

:hmm:
jerms

Post by jerms »

^^^^^ neither did i, it just showed up on my doorstep!! :tu: i'll bet you'll see it tomorrow.....
agoldoor

Post by agoldoor »

Maybe check your spam folder in your email? I got an email from parcel2go.com when it shipped, so perhaps you should hunt for that? It was sent via parcel2go, but shipped by FedEx, FYI.
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

Far out, you dont look at shit for a few days and look what happens. Congrats to those whom scored :crackjam:
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

agoldoor wrote:Who was it that said every MKI was like a snowflake? Definitely that.
This and then some. I've been fortunate to have heard over a handful of original units at not a single one was a like. Yay for the germanium transistor :party:

Tracking info's. If folk didn't get the mailout I do apologize. Any one not in receipt of tracking info and wanting it please shoot me a line.
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

D**M, it would not have mattered though because my posts needed to be approved first. How fucked up would that have been!? LMAO
SSgt93 on Twitter & Instagram.
-Steve
Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz »

agoldoor wrote:I'm actually still at work, but I popped out really quickly to get to the post office, pick it up, come back, take a photo, strum a few chords and do a little run up and down the neck.

But my first impression is this:
Amazing.
It's got a little bit beefier low-end to it when compared to my Jerms (perhaps it's got .15uF's in there and that's why? I haven't opened it up, so that's just speculation, it could simply be transistor choice.) It's loud as the gods, which is how an MKI should be. Also, compared to the Jerms it is a bit less noisy. I play with single coils (specifically P90s most of the time), and so generally everything is noisier, but this MKI seems more stable. I'm excited to explore it more, but I definitely feel like neither of my two MKIs are better, they'll both fill a slightly different niche.

Who was it that said every MKI was like a snowflake? Definitely that.

Anyhow, that's my quick paragraph based on my two minutes with her. I'll give a better impression once I am off for the weekend. But what a weekend it's going to be now! I still am completely baffled as to how this puppy travelled 5242.4 miles in two days!!! Thank you Linzi and Captain, I'm completely honored!

Well reading that hasn't made it any easier that I didn't get one! :drool2:

A beefy MKI you say?? :drool2: Sounds just like how I'd want it! :badlove:
Logic should not interfere with determination