Listen To Black Sabbath

Post sounds and videos of bands you dig on, even your own.

Moderator: The Captain

Philip

Re: Listen To Black Sabbath

Post by Philip »

slomatic

Post by slomatic »

When I was 15 a guy whacked me at a party after a long debate on "who was better - Zep or Sabbath". I was the sole voice in a crowded room in favour of Sabbath. There was a mixture of sheer incredulity and anger, but I stuck to my guns. My arguement was simple - INTO THE FUCKING VOID!!! I ran into the same guy 20 years later and after about two minutes he asked he if I still thought Sabbath won - clearly it still bothered him! Anyways, I was right then and I'm right now - Sabbath all the fucking way!! :headbanger:
Volume over talent
skybone

Post by skybone »

Sabbath win every time in my book. I only have one Led Zep CD, and that's a "best of"...
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

GTHM

Post by GTHM »

Thanks for the reminder!
JP30

Post by JP30 »

wow their amp is ORANGE . ..
the treble boost kid

Post by the treble boost kid »

this is best thread i can relate to thus far......i don't even think there was anything until Black Sabbath.
hahahahaha !!!!!
Let's be fucking honest........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJF6kk7fjNk
T I E - F I G H T E R..........L E T S R O L L !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNs0RALUQw
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

slomatic wrote:My arguement was simple - INTO THE FUCKING VOID!!!
Something wonderful happened to me about a week ago that I've been wanting to share on here. I heard Master of Reality for the first time. After smoking one of them "jazz cigarettes" (kids these days!), I went on youtube. I clicked on a video that had the Master of Reality album cover as the only image. The file was high quality for you tube, and the song was "Into the Void." I put on my headphones. It did not take me long to start smiling after realizing that this was better than any new music I had encountered in a long time. In fact, "Into the Void" was taking me places that I had never gone musically. After that song, I proceeded to listen to the rest of the album--from what felt like within a beautiful stone sepulchure, when "Embryo" and "Orchid" played. Amazing record. I have been talking often every day since about Black Sabbath and what vision they had. I had already owned Paranoid (love War Pigs), but Master of Reality is something all together different. Darker, denser, lower, scarier, better. I heard everything I like about metal in it. It made me wonder: If it has this effect on me in 2009, what would it have done to me in 1971?
zbouc01

Post by zbouc01 »

Holy shit, I remember back in high school me and two friends would drive to this same spot nearly every day for months on end - we would smoke up and only play that album, staring up at some window at the QED building and trip the fuck out! After Forever still blows me away when I hear it, though I'm particularly partial to the Sabbath blooody sabbath album. I'm so grateful I got to see those guys on their reunion tour (the first of many) and it just so happened to be Tony's birthday, and the whole stadium sang to him. Overall, too many tracks to name, but I'd recommend Live at Last and live at convention hall for a real taste of iommi's ridiculous chops...
the treble boost kid

Post by the treble boost kid »

If anyone ever gives some stupid word on your faith of Sabbath,
remember...."you won't change me" !!!

whoaaaaa........

ok, i need a "Faith of Sabbath" pedal. :cthulhu:
DAM help me out.
Let's be fucking honest........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJF6kk7fjNk
T I E - F I G H T E R..........L E T S R O L L !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNs0RALUQw