METALLICA / MEACHINE HEAD / THE SWORD

Post sounds and videos of bands you dig on, even your own.

Moderator: The Captain

dirty finger

Re: METALLICA / MEACHINE HEAD / THE SWORD

Post by dirty finger »

starlingbrothers wrote:Sir Cliff Richard on bass ? :hihi:
You must remember???
That Burton fellow had just passed away and Mr Richard was standing in.
For an encore they did Creeping Death segued into Living Doll - as you can imagine, the place just erupted.
He was playing this weird type of bass that I'd never seen before. It had about 100 strings going lengthways and upwards. WTF?
Pic of it here:
CONAN
You cajn't bajn me

Post by CONAN »

Actually, they played loads of old stuff (about 80%) and for that I am grateful as the new stuff just didn'tget me (or the rest of the crowd) very excited at all........
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

Watch the video for All Nightmare Long. It is very well done. Zombi content included.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
mhat

Post by mhat »

Well I went to the Newcastle leg of the tour and Metallica put on a fine show. Bear in mind that I know fuck all about modern metal and only went to keep a mate company but they played enough old songs to keep the die-hards happy and they were faultless in terms of performance and energy.

The Sword, by comparison, didn't really fill the venue and seemed a bit lacklustre. I didn't mind them though. Machine Head were entertaining but they struck me as kind of pantomime metal - lots of posing and a fat bassist. Maybe I'm being unfair. As I said it's hardly my genre.

Metallica were good enough that I stumped for a recording of the show.

Mike
davy cho

Post by davy cho »

The Sword are mighty live.

Saw them back up Clutch a few years back, Taint were on the bill too. A great night of riffs.

Not sure on their new album yet though, not as good as Age Of Winters.
mhat

Post by mhat »

davy cho wrote:The Sword are mighty live.
I'd like to have seen them in a smaller venue ... I don't think the hangar venue suited them.

Mike