EBAY the things i did not buy

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

joegagan

Re: EBAY the things i did not buy

Post by joegagan »

hi bob,
first - welcome , i am glad you are here.
2nd - i can clarify my statement - i appreciate the opportunity. the only reason i left it vague was to not let this thread get too derailed from it's initial purpose.

i do not look at your auctions much. i took a random sampling and found a couple things that caused me to say what i said - i apologize if my extrapolation extending to your other offerings was off the mark. here are the two examples:

1.you had or have a 90s dunlop fuzz face RI from the 90s that you claimed had ' rare' , 'sought after' or similar wording regarding the Ge trans in there. the pics clearly show they are the stock transistors. fake restamped POS trans that dunlop put in those in the 90s. everyone around at that time knew they were fake and most sounded very bad, nothing like a real nkt275. if you honestly did not know the difference at the time you wrote the auction text, if it was an honest mistake, then i fault you for not knowing the history of what you are selling better. there is a whole crop of young people who may get sucked into thinking these are real NKT275s, i think we owe it to them to inform them correctly.

2. you had or have a BG2 boomerang that you claim is 100% original. there is a common mod, the 9v batt clip added. this makes it approx 94% original. again, the internet innocents might take you at your word and think it was actually made at all test devices with that batt clip. granted, you are spot on with every other part in that wah - to my experienced eye it looks like everything else is legit/ original. kudos on that.

- these are minor, i realize. but i spend a fair amount of time answering Qs from people who have been misinformed, pardon my personal beef against info that casues me extra work - not you specifically, but you fall under that heading when when i read ebay text like i outlined above.
again - welcome - no hard feelings on my end , i am glad you are part of the forum. your passion on pedals is obvious, and this is what it's all about.
"Scuze me while I rip the sky....."--DucRyder
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

Now it's just paralympics
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

Condolences, the bums lost!
Philip

Post by Philip »

:smashed:
jext-telez

Post by jext-telez »

Hey all and thanks for the welcomes.

Yeah, I don't count battery snaps but I try to mention them if they are changed or added. Sometimes I forget. I'm wondering if the BG-2 in question is the one up still that has an original round battery in it with the 9-volt connections connected to that?

The NKT-275 early 90's Fuzz Faces-- yeah, most of them suck. That one in particular I kept for a long time because it sounded great. Those sell for 150-200 so I wasn't trying to pull anything fancy. I think I ended up getting $175.

As for the Rosac-- I did try it out, I try them all out-- and I hated it. I have really liked some Rosacs but that Disctortion Blender didn't do anything for me--instantly-- so I put it up for sale. Checking finished listings showed me they sell around $400-450 so yeah, even though I got it around $300 I'm absolutely not gonna miss out on fair profit.

And as for flipping-- I'm not embarassed and I see nothing wrong with it. The market will dictate the prices always. There's kiddies trying to get in on the action with insane prices on stuff-- that will never sell at those insane prices. I tend to start off high on prices because 1 out of 10 you post sells the first day and you can never tell which one it's gonna be. If I see low numbers watching the listings I start lowering the prices. I always accept reasonable offers and I always gradually lower the prices--my goal is to turnover within 30 days so if you check my salees you will see the majority of prices are quite reasonable.

I've had some PM's about transistors-- yes I still sell some of my stock off if you need something. Glad to see if I have it.

Thanks for the PM's on Dizzy Tones as well-- it's going great. Approaching 300 sold and bringing more versions out soon-- chocked full of NOS Mullard. Just scored a major NKT-275 stash-- gonna do an NKT-275 Dizzy Tone around Summer. Doing a Rangemaster with the last of the OC44 Yellow Jackets too soon.

Bob Ebeling
joegagan

Post by joegagan »

bob - your paragraph about the dunlop RI fuzzfaces does not address my point at all. my objection is that you glorify the transistors in your lisintg as if they are NKT 275 -- they are not. when you misrepresent one thing, it makes me wonder about the legitimacy of other items you describe. the fact that you attempted to address my point without getting to the meat of it is odd.

if you have no discernment regarding the fraudy trans in the 90s dunlops, how is anyone to know you can discern real ones for the dizzytones?
"Scuze me while I rip the sky....."--DucRyder
Philip

Post by Philip »

:heeee:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

agoldoor

Post by agoldoor »

redeyeflight wrote:I can understand buying a pedal and getting a good deal on it. Having it for a while, playing it, doing some R&D, whatever, and then selling it for a higher price. But when I see something like the rosac distortion blender that you bought for a reasonable price (which I would have actually enjoyed using) and then it's up on eBay like 2-3 days later at a grossly inflated price to what you bought it for. Well, that sucks sir. No two ways about it. Make your money some other way dude. End of discussion.
Yeah, double/triple agree with this. I lost out on that one to Jext, and was pretty fucking pissed when I saw it go right back up before I can even imagine it had gotten to him. I don't really believe the story of having received it/played it. Jext clearly is in it purely for the money, that much is plainly clear.

I went BACK and forth and BACK and forth about re-buying the blender from him for the inflated price but I just could never bring myself to do it because I didn't want to encourage the profiteering, despite always having wanted a distortion blender. Prolly the last one we will see for a while, I might add.

*sigh* Humanity is gross.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Thread has officially derailed :hihi: :doh:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")