Proto pickup custom sale thingy

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

chatmatt

Proto pickup custom sale thingy

Post by chatmatt »

We're going to try something new here, where we make the covers first, you choose which one you like, and we build whatever guts you want inside of it. Truly custom!

ANY cover/pickup combo is $125 throughout the rest of April!! (this is price I posted everywhere else.. DAM dudes quietly hit me up for DAM deals..)

We have 6 of these to start with, but if you want a matching set, we can always create a second of any of them for you. All are standard humbucker size nickel covers that we age and oxidize and seal with crazy stuff to achieve these effects - and any of them can be loaded wit your choice of pickup guts, all of which are designed, cut, wound, sealed and finished here in house.

Some options: A2, A3, A5, A8 magnets, humbucking, split humbucking, PAF style, p90, filtertron, strat, Rickenbacker, underwound, overwound.. any of these styles/materials can be built in to any of these shells. Insert material (which shows through the vents) can also be just about anything. See our other posts or our instagram for some visual ideas.

Email me at ProtoGuitars@Gmail.com to order. Turnaround time is usually less than 1 week on anything. All pickups come wired with waxed vintage cloth pushback wire, and NOS caps are available at no extra charge upon request.

Last edited by chatmatt on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daCod

Post by daCod »

RAD! now if i only had a guitar with 2 gibby size buckers in it......
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Need a neck pup for my Gordon Smith but don't have the scratch. Maybe later this year!
It's like an orange on a toothpick
chatmatt

Re: Proto pickup custom sale thingy

Post by chatmatt »

Any time, Jim. Hit me up whenever you're ready and I'll make it happen for ya.