Current Roosters Trannies?

Tonal shaping & volume boosting delivered with germanium love.

Moderator: The Captain

jerms

Re: Current Roosters Trannies?

Post by jerms »

AC128 FTW!!! mines acquiring a nice patina.....
Attachments
IMG_1333.jpg
IMG_1333.jpg (193.68 KiB) Viewed 8698 times
IMG_1335.jpg
IMG_1335.jpg (175.73 KiB) Viewed 8698 times
fenderbender4

Post by fenderbender4 »

If I am partial to a slightly less traditional treblebooster (I like gain, the ability to clean-up) in the sense that I want something that helps to add bottom punch and slightly warmer/rounder highs than normal? Kind of want a Rooster that can be used with a myriad of amps. Should I look for a specific transistor type, or do they all kind of have the ability to do what I mentioned? Thanks so much!
guitmatt

Post by guitmatt »

CV7355 & Phillips BC109 :alizee:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
frost

Post by frost »

Hi there,

I am new here so my breadth of knowledge is small. Can anyone explain what the current difference is btween the RR10 Red Red Roosters and the RR09 Red Roosters? I have a 2015 model RR10 with OC78 transistors currently and it sounds phenomenal. However, as my favorite GAS saying goes: "if one is good, then more is gooder".

Thanks and take care,

Heiko
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

Same thing really, RR-09 is named as a Germanium Booster where the RR-10 is named Amplitude Booster. This way the Captain can change things up transistor wise, putting in silicon trannnies like in the green "hulk" booster above. :tu:
frost

Post by frost »

stella_blues wrote:Same thing really, RR-09 is named as a Germanium Booster where the RR-10 is named Amplitude Booster. This way the Captain can change things up transistor wise, putting in silicon trannnies like in the green "hulk" booster above. :tu:
Thank you for the answer. It makes sense to me now. Take care, Heiko.
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

This little bugger slays! :phpslayer:

AD627339-0F48-4DAC-BD66-BD4BBF5BFAE1.jpeg
AD627339-0F48-4DAC-BD66-BD4BBF5BFAE1.jpeg (116.26 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no finer sonic-producing weapon for a guitar slayer than a hand crafter Gibson masterpiece."
Last edited by fendersilver on Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz »

Nice! :party: I had an OC140 starlight Rooster and it sounded amazing. Npn too :crackjam:
Logic should not interfere with determination
ombudsman

Post by ombudsman »

Can anyone give some insight on which of the various models and transistor variations of the Red Rooster would be the most hi fi, lowest gain, best cleaning up version ?

I have a Supa Rooster (OC43) and love it for some things, and noted the Captain's description that it isn't as hi fi as the RR-10. But I'm not clear on where the RR-10 sits relative to the other models, or which transistor is best for this. I am trying to just get some more treble and just a little gain that is hard to tell from amp crunch, that cleans up entirely without losing treble when I roll back the guitar volume a bit.

A couple of my favorite amps have old hammerite alnico G12s which have little or no doping; they give up harmonics earlier than other speakers, so any kind of pedal can quickly start to do a sort of broken amp/speaker sound. I'm using low output single coil pickups already, Hilotron and Fransch, so I have nowhere to go on that end.

I don't mind searching for an older specific version of the pedal if need be.