Son of Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Laundromat

Re: Son of Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

Post by Laundromat »

HorseyBoy wrote:^^ Do all the good Love Rocks end up in Finland? Hasn't Laundromat got a house full of them as well?
I only have two left... and was eyeing after for one over the weekend, but it got away.
I've only bought one locally and it was an '84 that had stayed in Finland since new and ended up with Salesman. The others came from Germany, UK, US and Singapore, if I didn't forget any. Some have stayed in Finland and some have moved abroad.
Salesman wrote:I think Finland and Sweeden imported these in the eighties. I Actually bought one from Laundromat and a week after the sister guitar came up for sale so i bought that one to.
They were only 12 numbers apart and very similar in sound. One was a bit heavier and that got sold when my cash flow was low.
I remember speaking with someone who was involved when they first started importing them to Finland in '83 or '84. This makes sense because you rarely see any passing hands here that were made before that. All of the ones I've played from those two years actually did seem to be a bit snappier and brighter than the rest. The two I have left are from '81 and they're a touch mellower sounding.
Condolences, the bums lost!
chankgeez

Post by chankgeez »

HorseyBoy wrote:^^ Not often you see the original battery in its own little baggy!
I'm not gonna buy this because it's priced a little outta my range, but I thought it should go in this thread just because it looks like it has the original battery:

https://reverb.com/item/7172621-new-old ... el-no-1850

:chillin:
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Salesman wrote:This thing is riding a truck as we speak to my house.
Its a Tokai Ls-80 from 1984.
I have not found a better Les Paul than these and I have A/Bb a billion custom shop Les Pauls to these.
Many different times with many different Tokais and expensive Les Pauls.
Those early high-end Love Rocks are awesome. I had a lower-end one (still MIJ, but LS-50 IIRC) and it was a decent guitar, but nothing special. I got it cheap cos "it didn't work" -- 5 min with a soldering iron and it worked again though :)
Traded for a vintage PBass :freakout: Used to have a gorgeous Tokai JB120 Jazz bass too, but I sold it for a ton of cash. :banger:

Would love to get an early one like yours though. Love the finish (Ha! I made a pun) on that one too. :badlove:
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

Something a little newer. :w00t:

Special edition run of p 6 pieces made by Björn Juhl himself for Custom Sounds.

Björn describes the Candy Apple Fuzz Special: "CAF Special has a wider gain range and a little smoother sound that fits brighter amps better without losing real bite. In addition to wider gain range, the gate function has been upgraded to closer follow notes played and the added gain range allso allows a slight dying effect on transients at max gain. The most normal setting that is just shy of center anti cw is now slightly cleaner at really low gains and thus a more standard vintage fuzz sound can be had. In all range of sounds are expanded and sounds purified and the new gate function does away with a slight puff as the strings are dampened that was a thing the CAF did before."

BJF Candy Apple Fuzz Special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMRMmoE9vEo

Post by rafmax »

One of the missing link in my Musitronics collection :badteeth:
24321932_1923722924312034_1821056162_o.jpg
24321932_1923722924312034_1821056162_o.jpg (234.92 KiB) Viewed 3347 times
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Post by anemochore »

Did someone say Candy Apple?
IMG_3554 Pazuzu Fuzz.jpg
IMG_3554 Pazuzu Fuzz.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 3331 times
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
Rygar

Post by Rygar »

Electro Harmonix Canyon delay is a lot of fun! 3sec Deluxe Memory Man mode.
For a Good Time call Echo Canyon.
Scott

Post by Scott »

1968 drip edge silver face vibrolux reverb with a pair of sweet 1967 Jensen’s. Sounds amazing!! :freakout:
The amp on the left is my first amp. Parents got it for me back in 1973. It’s a ‘73 vibrolux reverb. Sounds a bit different than the ‘68. A bit more bassthat the ‘68. And the reverb is a bit better as well but the ‘68 has phenomenal blackface tones because it is the same circuitry as the previous years black faces. Excellent break up on each amp. :freakout:
Attachments
IMG_2516.JPG
IMG_2516.JPG (183.11 KiB) Viewed 3126 times
IMG_2515.JPG
IMG_2515.JPG (179.24 KiB) Viewed 3126 times
IMG_2514.JPG
IMG_2514.JPG (225.18 KiB) Viewed 3126 times
Last edited by Scott on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scott

Post by Scott »

1949 Epiphone Electar Zephyr with tremolo. It’s almost in mint condition. From an older gentleman who rarely used it. Came with original cover and it sounds incredible. :cheers: has amazing break up when pushed. :tu: and super clean tones. Very jazzy.
Attachments
IMG_2519.JPG
IMG_2519.JPG (164.77 KiB) Viewed 3126 times
IMG_2518.JPG
IMG_2518.JPG (174.61 KiB) Viewed 3126 times
IMG_2517.JPG
IMG_2517.JPG (173.67 KiB) Viewed 3126 times
bazguitar

Post by bazguitar »

GOOD LOOKING AMPS
Very COOL
Very SMART :tu: