D*A*M/Sola Sound BUM Fuzz Unit part II

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

D*A*M/Sola Sound BUM Fuzz Unit part II

Post by The Captain »

"Blue moon, you saw me standing alone..." And so forth. Cool new project 8.1. The Sola Sound Bum Fuzz Unit V2, AKA the 'Blue Moon'. Bum, moon, mooning... ya get it? The evil sister to the Collins Bum Fuzz. Bad attitude, aggressive tendencies, that kinda annoying loud talky thing bad drunkards do. Old timey wisdom under the hood in the form of the occult level ZETEX (ZTX) 109.
BM_BUM_15.JPG
Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round

Less talky more noises. Not only does this sound clip further prove that Philip is definitely a wizard but that he also possesses telekinetic and psychic abilities.
Mind wandering, thinking - it would be kinda cool if the sound clip for the blue Bum was like an 'eavy 'eavy type of thing, hmmm, maybe I'll ask Phillip if he could do something leaning in that direction...
About an hour later...mind blown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMRbygjN77k

I'd say the above pretty much outlines the intent here. Bigger, badder, bolder. A searing blanket of fuzz with enough low end to crush bones. Bass fuzz? Why yes. Anything with lower tunings this will most certainly be friends with. That said, this isn't freakish mutant of some kinda, it is still a 70's fuzz circuit. In actuality the main reference pedal was a Eurotec Black Box Fuzz Module.

Cool beans

Cool new project 8.1 gets double cools points as this is Danny's first solo Sola Sound build. Myself and Linz have shown him the the ways of the solder for the past several years and he has now officially taken over Linz's roll with Sola Sound production. All pedals in the project were assembled by Daniel Lee Tunstill with all set-up procedures, transistor selection and final testing carried out by myself.
BM_BUM_16.JPG
BM_BUM_10.JPG
Brass Tacks

Limited edition shit is limited. There are only 35 pieces in total. Same deal as always here with these products. We just build the things. They are Sola Sound pedals, you have to speak to the Macari's if you are interested in acquiring and/or wish to find out pricing and shipping information. You can contact them here:

http://www.macaris.co.uk/

pr0n...
BM_BUM_08.JPG
BM_BUM_20.JPG
BM_BUM_07.JPG
BM_BUM_21.JPG
BM_BUM_03.JPG
And there's more...

Special Snowflakes

For those of you who like to chase white whales. The first five units from this project, numbers #02 through #06, are limited edition 1 of 1's, each with its own unique color scheme. Likey so...

#02 - 368 green on standard dark blue.
368GDB_BUM_02.JPG
368GDB_BUM_04.JPG
#03 - Beaver brown on standard light blue
BBSLB_BUM_03.JPG
BBSLB_BUM_05.JPG
#04 - Cerise on standard dark blue
CDB_BUM_04.JPG
CDB_BUM_05.JPG
#05 - 485 red on standard dark blue
485RSB_BUM_01.JPG
485RSB_BUM_05.JPG
#06 - 1961 green on standard dark blue
61GDB_BUM_03.JPG
61GDB_BUM_05.JPG
The Captain

Re: D*A*M/Sola Sound BUM Fuzz Unit part II

Post by The Captain »

charge

Post by charge »

Niiiiiice! Email sent :badlove:
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

Those are jaw-dropping Summertime Blues. :drool3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC4S13jcki4

______________________________________________________________________________________________
"Sometimes I wonder what I'm a-gonna do 'Cause there ain't no cure for the summertime blues."
chankgeez

Post by chankgeez »

The Captain wrote:
#04 - Cerise on standard dark blue
:badlove:
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
Captain_Phildo

Post by Captain_Phildo »

Well - that was a pretty mind-blowing demo and has just bumped this particular fuzz to the top of my fuzz interests. What guitar did you use Philip? It sounds so huge, and yet has that wonderful sizzle on the top end.
Philip

Post by Philip »

I used my Squier Classic Vibe stratocaster and Squier VI through Belcat Tube10.

:cheers:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Muff inspired yeah? I remember when I first started playing guitar. There was a local music shop which mainly sold woodwind instruments but had a tiny second hand guitar section. I went in in the mid 90s and found a big muff! I sat down and played it with a guitar I was more familiar with... the strat. A guy who worked there said “ if your going to play that play it with humbuckers!” I said I don’t own a humbucker guitar. And he said “try a boss pedal instead then”. Although that twat was probably trying to be helpful I used a big muff with a strat into a Vox AC30 reissue when I was in a small band. And it sounded ace!
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Awwww yissssssssss!
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
Captain_Phildo

Post by Captain_Phildo »

Doc Holliday wrote:Muff inspired yeah? I remember when I first started playing guitar. There was a local music shop which mainly sold woodwind instruments but had a tiny second hand guitar section. I went in in the mid 90s and found a big muff! I sat down and played it with a guitar I was more familiar with... the strat. A guy who worked there said “ if your going to play that play it with humbuckers!” I said I don’t own a humbucker guitar. And he said “try a boss pedal instead then”. Although that twat was probably trying to be helpful I used a big muff with a strat into a Vox AC30 reissue when I was in a small band. And it sounded ace!
I don't think this one is muff inspired - looks like a three transistor fuzz. Maybe the bridge between the Tone Bender and the Muff?