Serves me right!

Tone-Bending electronic fuzz unit, harmonic generator with 20 second sustain.

Moderator: The Captain

CALI68

Re: Serves me right!

Post by CALI68 »

Sickle wrote:
CALI68 wrote:I really want to send it back to The Captain for repair...I don't want anyone else to devalue it ya know? I haven't heard back from him yet but I hope to soon.
I wouldn't worry about it; I'm sure you'll hear from him by tomorrow as its getting late over on the other side of the pond. The Captain doesn't spend much time online; only a few minutes a day at best, but he'll get back to you for sure soon as he sees your PM, I'm betting.

8-)
Cool! That's what I figured.

-Chris
cubba

Post by cubba »

Ahhh Chris, I'm glad the temperature was the problem and not the pedal.
I was getting really pissed reading your first post and was ready to go all Brooklyn in the guy,
knowing that the seller had no right to sell the pedal with any issues like that.

Regarding the switch, that's something I could fix for you with no worries.
You don't need to ship it all the way to England just to replace a switch, which is a very simple repair.
You could even do it yourself if you have any soldering skills.
It's very easy to do.
Or you could have someone in SF fix it for you.
Just ask Duende (a way cool brother!) if he knows any techs in the area that can do it for you.

Send me a pic of the guts and I'll tell you the exact switch to use,
tho' any quality DPDT switch will do.

Just PM or email me and I'll set you up.
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
duende

Post by duende »

Cali,

The OC81d's are really tempermental with heat. Glad that is what the big problem was.

I remember one time I tried to play this new tune I came up with to some bandmates, when my MKII was over-heated. Needless to say the song was one huge car crash.

Anyways, like Paul said. I can solder you a new jack in no time. I haven't braved making any pedals like the Captain here, but I have inhaled years of lead making patchbays (jackfields for those of you on the other side of the pond) for recording studios.

I'm not sure which brand switch the Captain uses, but I imagine the standard ones from Mouser are the one's to get. You can spend more on a fulltone one, but I have heard that they don't last actually as well.

Trouble is, I'm leaving for Chicago for one week tomorrow. But if you like, we can take care of it when I get back. Call Electronics Plus in San Rafael. They'll probably have when you need.

Best,

Alex
CALI68

Post by CALI68 »

Thanks a million Guys! I'm gonna wait to hear from the Captain first just to make sure it is on fact switch problem. It seems very logical that it is but I'll wait to get his word.

Plus we all know how weird people can be with re-sale if it has been repaired by someone other than the original maker. At $1,200 I have to consider that. I have come this far so sending it over the pond is no big deal. Ya know what I mean? It sucks but that's the way it is.

Thanks again!
-Chris
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

CALI68 wrote: At $1,200 I have to consider that.
I would do likewise. Hope it works out that Dave can fix it for you.
cubba

Post by cubba »

Well best of luck with it Chris.
Just seems like a tedious task for the Cap'n, busy as he is.
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
CALI68

Post by CALI68 »

He actually recommended that I send it in for a service. It might be more than just the switch. A

-Chris
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

This is one of the reasons Dave Main is the best pedal maker out there. He takes care of his creations.
CALI68

Post by CALI68 »

Poorbob wrote:This is one of the reasons Dave Main is the best pedal maker out there. He takes care of his creations.

I 100% agree!

-Chris
Philip

Post by Philip »

jimi_dylan wrote: Are you considering posting a sample of the OC81s in all their glory?
If I remember right, my MKII clips are of an OC81D MKII exactly the same internally as cali68's with the mustard etc...

http://www.myspace.com/damsoundclips