Sola Sound Tone Bender MKI

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

innerflight

Re: Sola Sound Tone Bender MKI

Post by innerflight »

Philip wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:47 pm Still loving mine...

:freakout:
oh yeah :party:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

misa wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:31 pm So which version are people with multiples bonding with?
There are probably very few people in the world qualified to answer this. You might send a PM to fendersilver. Some characteristics I've noticed with my Pigdog version:
-It can actually be used as somewhat of a "boost", with the Level set high and the Attack low, without sputtering out.
-In my setup, the Attack saturates early on. I usually don't get higher than 11 o'clock or so on the dial.
-The fuzz has a really pronounced upper-mid punch to it that would have no trouble cutting through a mix.
-The mother scratcher is LOUD!!!
misa

Post by misa »

skelt101 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:01 pm
misa wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:31 pm So which version are people with multiples bonding with?
There are probably very few people in the world qualified to answer this. You might send a PM to fendersilver. Some characteristics I've noticed with my Pigdog version:
-It can actually be used as somewhat of a "boost", with the Level set high and the Attack low, without sputtering out.
-In my setup, the Attack saturates early on. I usually don't get higher than 11 o'clock or so on the dial.
-The fuzz has a really pronounced upper-mid punch to it that would have no trouble cutting through a mix.
Nice! That seems to be pretty much in-line with what I've experienced with my Pigdog MAN. The Pigdog Pro MKII also has more of that pronounced upper-mid punch and slightly congested mids compared to a Sola Sound MKII (at least from the two examples I've played). On its own, I like the more open sound but the Pigdog will do good in a band mix.
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

misa wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:41 pm
skelt101 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:01 pm
Nice! That seems to be pretty much in-line with what I've experienced with my Pigdog MAN. The Pigdog Pro MKII also has more of that pronounced upper-mid punch and slightly congested mids compared to a Sola Sound MKII (at least from the two examples I've played). On its own, I like the more open sound but the Pigdog will do good in a band mix.

Pigdog version - :tu: Right on!

Skelt, your assessment is spot on man. This dog definitely has a mean bite.
For sure Misa, the Pigdog excels in a live band mix. Drummer can’t compete!

Post by daCod »

i really need to get my hands on the PD version :gripe:

have multiple pedals for trade, if anyone feels pitty on me....... :award:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Philip

Post by Philip »

A little insight in to my band and my MKI in use with a band.

Live take using one mic... me on guitar, the other chaps playng Squier VI, bass and drums... with a cheecky organ overdub by me afterwards.

VI with MKI through a cheap solid state fender amp. Level on pedal pointing at the T of TONE BENDER, Attack set just at the point where it allows some sustain, a notch or two up from lowest setting.

:party:

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Nice track phillip! Dig the spy/surf vibes.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Straight out the 60’s, digging it :tu:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Philip

Post by Philip »

:cheers:

Will be recording soon, hope you will all buy the EP or album when it's ready. :hihi: :smashed:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

A 60s soundtrack there for sure! Great use of whammy bar :oldgrin: