The Setup of the Day Thread

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

nad

Re: The Setup of the Day Thread

Post by nad »

Spent the evening in an isolation booth with this setup. And it was good. :smashed:
Attachments
IsoBassFuzzz.jpg
IsoBassFuzzz.jpg (196.11 KiB) Viewed 2465 times
"'Tis a world of creditors, of which the tomb and the worm are the last. There is little left for the devil, when these have taken their due account."
--The Skeleton
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

^ You're drinking water? What are you, a pussy? :badteeth: :hihi: :tu:
Killer setup but where's the guitar?
nad

Post by nad »

It was fuckin' hot in there! Beer came later. :freakout: I used my Ric 4003 and Nordstrand J-bass, but honestly mostly played the pedals. I'm the second bassist in this particular improvisation group, mostly there for texture/feedback/oscillation/noise.
"'Tis a world of creditors, of which the tomb and the worm are the last. There is little left for the devil, when these have taken their due account."
--The Skeleton
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

Delay + flange + ring mod + dirt = exactly my thing :freakout:

Btw, I forgot about Depth Charge, never tried one, and now they're sort of expensive. Is it some sort retuned SuperFuzz, or it's got its own thing?
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

jetofuj wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:49 am Is it some sort retuned SuperFuzz, or it's got its own thing?
Superfuzz with a clean blend if I remember correctly.
nad

Post by nad »

jetofuj wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:49 am Delay + flange + ring mod + dirt = exactly my thing :freakout:
Hells yes. :cthulhu2:

Depth Charge is a Superfuzz-ish type of thing, but with lots of lows no matter the setting, and the "clean" blend is quite dirty. It always has a good bit of fuzz, and they sound incredible. My favoUrite three fuzz pedals are the B:Assmaster, Ezekiel, and Depth Charge. I have two each, because, well, because. :smashed:
--The Skeleton
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

Cool, this is actually the way I hear it - SF with solid bottom all the way through, so it helps to blend signals in more natural way - you don't get clean bass + fizzy top.

Brassmaster's clean blend isn't also clean, which is a way to go :freakout:
nad

Post by nad »

Dirty blends are the best, no doubt. I like a dual volume clean/fuzz thing as well, but a lot of time the standard clean blend thing kinda sucks. I don't even like blend knobs on my basses, give me volume/volume any day!

I don't know anyone that makes a Depth Charge clone, but someone really should. Hint hint. :marx: The only thing I know of that is similar is the Wounded Paw Attack Goat, it is like a low-gain version with a clean(er) blend.

Oh and here was some fun last night. Dragonfly remains the best FF ever for me, the Maggot Brain is really magical for a vintage lead bass type thang, and the Meathead Dark fucking KILLS. :zgrin:
Attachments
BassFuzzFaceOff.jpg
BassFuzzFaceOff.jpg (222.36 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
--The Skeleton
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

There are drawings of Depth Charge over FSB and I guess I know the right person :marx: (no, not me)
Lach

Post by Lach »

This was a good night in
Resized_20181015_210259.jpeg
Resized_20181015_210259.jpeg (160.44 KiB) Viewed 2331 times