WE HAVE A DODGY SELLER IN THE NEST ...... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

1bottlerocket

Re: WE HAVE A DODGY SELLER IN THE NEST ...... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by 1bottlerocket »

All the above. I typically trust the peeps on this forum. It makes me nervous to think that the seller is still out there and not a lot of people know who it is that gave you the runaround. I am not sure that I would be so level headed.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Doc Holliday

Re: WE HAVE A DODGY SELLER IN THE NEST ...... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by Doc Holliday »

Yeah to be honest I’ve had a few sales here and bought bits of some good guys.
The PayPal gift option has always been a help in reclaiming the money initially spent for most.
I completely understand wanting the goods to come through hassle free but it has now left doubt in everyone’s minds who they can trust which is unfair.
Every time I see something up in the buy sell thread I’ll be thinking twice which sucks
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

I will continue to buy from the known good peeps :)
Ben
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Everyone now will sell and add on a bit extra to cover the fees which means A. you pay more/get less for a pedal and B. Paypal get more money (which I detest)

Out of all the years I've been here there has never been a problem in buying or selling and hopefully we can all move on and be hassle free in the future. I would like to hear the sellers side of the story, maybe something was going down that we aren't aware off :idunno: obviously not condoning shady dealings but every story has two sides

Edit - I just remembered Knobgate, that was brutal :hihi: :badteeth:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Zacharia Matilda

Post by Zacharia Matilda »

simonm wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:21 am Please send Dev the gist of the abusive email if you haven't already. After you get your stuff - here's hoping! - i still think there's grounds for this idiot seller to be banned, it's not what we expect here.
I echo this sentiment. Just because the seller in question is finally following through on his end of the deal does that absolve him/her of the whole mess? And copping an attitude on top of it? In my opinion there's no way that person should be able to continue buying and selling here.

I think there might be some unintended consequences to starting a thread like this. If this shit just gets swept under the rug it will continue to stink. The good peeps here will pay more for their pedals, refuse to use the gift option or buy and sell their goods somewhere else all together. Certainly not the end of the world, but it's a shame.
"What we need is a love bomb. A 100% gold plated, purified love bomb."
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Maybe Dev can change permissions for the guy using the BST forum? Some sort of admin approval for the guy when he wants to sell shit?
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

So not to discriminate maybe all of us?
If we all get verified before a sale?
If Dev or the Cap receives any negative info regarding a poor sale then that seller no longer gets to sell or it has to be verified before hand with additional consequences