Pedal Pawn

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Post Reply
User avatar
Philip
Posts: 10311
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Re: Pedal Pawn

Post by Philip » Tue May 12, 2020 4:02 pm

Ultimately it's up to the buyer to know their shit, know who they are dealing with and find out source of a pedal etc.

There will always be folks out to scam us.
User avatar
innerflight
Posts: 4217
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:27 am
Location: The Ferry

Re: Pedal Pawn

Post by innerflight » Tue May 12, 2020 4:07 pm

It’s a fine line between checking out if a pedal is legit and losing out on a find :hihi:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
User avatar
1bottlerocket
Posts: 8008
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Pedal Pawn

Post by 1bottlerocket » Tue May 12, 2020 8:09 pm

vanguard wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:50 pm
Philip wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:18 am
I'd say there are only a few people who are learned and obsessive enough to be of help and 2 of them are here.

Problem is pointing out the wrongs could end up helping the fakers and also, who wants to help a flipathon business?

Funny world is the pedal world. :smashed: :hihi:
This. Let the flippers and scammers find their own way.
Totally loving your builds BTW! I am hoping to land one of your Fuzz Tone builds
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
_________________________________________
For all things stomp: http://www.effectsdatabase.com/
Big Muff History Page: http://bigmuffpage.com/
User avatar
vanguard
Posts: 506
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:19 am

Re: Pedal Pawn

Post by vanguard » Wed May 13, 2020 11:48 pm

Aww . . . Thanks, mate! Appreciate the support :cheers:
1bottlerocket wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:09 pm
vanguard wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:50 pm
Philip wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:18 am
I'd say there are only a few people who are learned and obsessive enough to be of help and 2 of them are here.

Problem is pointing out the wrongs could end up helping the fakers and also, who wants to help a flipathon business?

Funny world is the pedal world. :smashed: :hihi:
This. Let the flippers and scammers find their own way.
Totally loving your builds BTW! I am hoping to land one of your Fuzz Tone builds
User avatar
Laservampire
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:34 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Pedal Pawn

Post by Laservampire » Thu May 14, 2020 12:06 am

vanguard wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:05 am
jreeves47 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:10 pm
ah but who has time when the early bird gets the flip!
Exactly. Yet sometimes that eagerness yields a $4k kick in the cock.
Image
Ben
User avatar
Philip
Posts: 10311
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Re: Pedal Pawn

Post by Philip » Thu May 14, 2020 1:47 pm

:lol:
User avatar
vanguard
Posts: 506
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:19 am

Re: Pedal Pawn

Post by vanguard » Thu May 14, 2020 2:33 pm

Can't believe that exists, that you knew about it, that you had a pic, and that you happened to see my post. Maybe miracles do happen? :mrgreen: :hihi:
Laservampire wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:06 am
vanguard wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:05 am
jreeves47 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:10 pm
ah but who has time when the early bird gets the flip!
Exactly. Yet sometimes that eagerness yields a $4k kick in the cock.
Image
User avatar
Philip
Posts: 10311
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Re: Pedal Pawn

Post by Philip » Thu May 21, 2020 11:24 pm

Posted 'This pedal is a fake' on their insta. Deleted.

Just another bunch of fuckers out to rip off and scam musicians.
User avatar
Dullboy
Posts: 734
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:49 pm
Location: Adriatic Riviera, Italy

Re: Pedal Pawn

Post by Dullboy » Fri May 22, 2020 12:00 am

Too bad!
They are not willing to learn and be humble.
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke


(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
User avatar
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven
Posts: 1846
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: TGP

Re: Pedal Pawn

Post by Nick » Fri May 22, 2020 12:04 am

Philip wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:24 pm
Posted 'This pedal is a fake' on their insta. Deleted.

Just another bunch of fuckers out to rip off and scam musicians.
His asking price on eBay/Reverb alone suggested that he was informed about his pedal after reaching out on Insta etc, and was fishing for a quick sale, because the legit MK1.5 that 'Pedalpawn' sold at some point last year was much more expensive (despite not being "custom-painted for a tradeshow", lol). Considering that he actually had the real thing at one point, I can't help but wonder: how on Earth could he possibly have been fooled by this pedal?
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest