Crack pipe of the week auction PT2

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

MEH!

Re: Crack pipe of the week auction PT2

Post by MEH! »

1976@metal wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:27 am
windjamma wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:46 am Exactly, i sold this fuzzbound, and the pratt immediately put it up on reverb, for twice what i sold it to him for.

https://reverb.com/item/33307737-pigdog ... buzzaround

If i had of known this i wouldn't of sold it to him, i would rather it went to someone who actually wanted one.
Completely agree mate , if I buy something that's somewhat rare or elusive I'm not gonna feel bad if I don't get on with it and try to sell it , BUT I'm gonna be looking to get back hopefully what I brought it for , and certainly not a chunk more. I'd rather it went to " someone like me " ....if they love it and hang on to it then great .....if they don't then they can just keep on passing it down the line for another one of " us" to try until it finds its home ie someone that will never let it go cos it inspires them . That's how ( in my mind) this should work. But when someone along the way gets hold of it and instantly flips it at 2 or 3 times the price it cocks up the whole thing
This is why the forum is so good
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

I feel almost all I see atm is crack pipe listings. I mean, even for Boss pedals. Every now & then I see something reasonable, but a few years ago I'd say "eh, seen cheaper". I'm repeating myself at this point, haha... but really, some prices lately! Not only I am thankfully for this forum, but for builders like Dave, Stu, Steve, the stores they work with, etc. I've started discovering a lot of small builders via instagram as well that are doing unique things. So maybe it's not all for naught.. makes me spend my money elsewhere.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

sciencefriction wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:40 am I feel almost all I see atm is crack pipe listings. I mean, even for Boss pedals. Every now & then I see something reasonable, but a few years ago I'd say "eh, seen cheaper". I'm repeating myself at this point, haha... but really, some prices lately! Not only I am thankfully for this forum, but for builders like Dave, Stu, Steve, the stores they work with, etc. I've started discovering a lot of small builders via instagram as well that are doing unique things. So maybe it's not all for naught.. makes me spend my money elsewhere.
Someone put up one of the new Dirty Mac pedals, which Steve sold for what, £229, up for 600 USD on Reverb?
Opened, photographed, played for an hour through 4 different amps and back into the box. This pedal is for a real one. Not a hobbyist or home player like me...I'm REALLY going to regret selling this.
You got to love the text.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

ya know the high prices don't bother me that much, if I want something I'll talk to the seller and see if a better deal can be worked out. What has been bugging me lately is all the bizarre listings from Japan with the super-crack prices. Can anyone explain to me the selling strategy there?
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

The selling strategy is not to sell, but get free advertising and direct people to their website.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
1976@metal

Post by 1976@metal »

jreeves47 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:57 pm ya know the high prices don't bother me that much, if I want something I'll talk to the seller and see if a better deal can be worked out. What has been bugging me lately is all the bizarre listings from Japan with the super-crack prices. Can anyone explain to me the selling strategy there?
Yeah I've seen that a ton recently. I'm sure there is some proven logic behind it , but rightly or wrong if I see a listing is from Japan I pretty much disregard it instantly.
Saw a run of the mill King of Tone listed for about £ 1100 the other day
Lach

Post by Lach »

jreeves47 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:57 pm ya know the high prices don't bother me that much, if I want something I'll talk to the seller and see if a better deal can be worked out. What has been bugging me lately is all the bizarre listings from Japan with the super-crack prices. Can anyone explain to me the selling strategy there?
Yeah that one really annoys me too... have just noticed it getting more and more common over the last couple of years. There's 3 listings for the exact same guitar/pedal, same photos, everything, one of them original and the next 2 will be 10-20% mark up in price :hmm:
Lach

Post by Lach »

Ha. Price drop on this "rare Castledine," now it's only double the original price...

https://reverb.com/item/34863099-rare-c ... one-silver
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

Adulting
Last edited by MEH! on Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

MEH!
Last edited by MEH! on Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.