Treble bleeds and fuzzes

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Jazzmann

Treble bleeds and fuzzes

Post by Jazzmann »

Hey!

Its been a long time since I played around with treble bleeds in my guitars. It never really worked for me, but at the same time I didnt go very deep down that hole with different values and so on.

But recently I have tried guitars with bleeds that sounded more natural and I thought about trying it again on my guitars.
I didnt get to try these guitars with fuzzes, and I’ve often read treble bleeds dont like fuzzes. Or fuzzes dont like treble bleeds.

What is your experiences with treble bleeds and fuzzes? Can it work?

:cheers:
spofftastic

Re: Treble bleeds and fuzzes

Post by spofftastic »

Personally, I have tried many different values and have not been happy - mostly in my Jazzmaster. I prefer just 50's wiring.

The one exception is my Professional Strat - this treble bleed "chip" could not go back in quick enough after trying lots of aftermarket hi-end treble bleeds. Works great with my fuzz faces and MK 1.5. not noticeable. I think there are details online for the treble bleed values. Check toward the bottom

https://www.strumentimusicali.net/manua ... rmn-en.pdf

daCod

Re: Treble bleeds and fuzzes

Post by daCod »

50’s Gibson wiring and an Orange 102k cap is what I do 99% of the time to all my guitars. I blame EGC Kevin. Plays fantastic with my pedals - fuzz, boost, distortion - and the cleanup is crisp and killer if my amp is pushed into natural drive.
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")