Creepy Fingers Effects

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Graham

Re: Creepy Fingers Effects

Post by Graham »

Creepyfingers wrote:Yo

Recently borrowed a Sam Ash Fuzz Boxxx from Jason Soda of the band Everest. Did a clone of it for him so he wouldn't have to bring the original on the road. I threw up a sample of a comparison of the clone on the myspace... http://www.myspace.com/creepyfingerseffects. Its a strange type of fuzz/distortion. When you first plug in Its very mild which is probably confuses a lot of people plugging into a pedal called a "Fuzz Boxxx". It does have a really great crunchy tone with some nice fuzziness around the edges. Very responsive and sort of addictive.
Everest is about to leave on a tour with one of my favorite musicians of all time Neil Young! I built up a Fuzznugget which will be hand delivered to the man. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he actually plugs it in and checks it out. I read he used a Maestro back in the Buffalo Springfield days. Jason says Neil and his tech are completely obsessive about Neil's tone.

--Brad
It's a funny thing but I have two of the regular (as in end mounted controls) Sam Ash Fuzzz Boxes - one of them is a pretty much as described here - and matches up the the decription Jeff gave it on the Tonefrenzy site (and an old forum post here by Leon) where the pedal is described as deceptively mild but addictive. I would completely agree with that - BUT then I got my second from my good friend Hank L in Florida (where he is these days) and that one is just a totally different beast sound wise - the second one is a true Lead monster - I'd planned on keeping the best condition one and shifting the spare but they played like chalk and cheese.. One of them has been up with David in Rotherham's famed "Grotto of Fuzz" for quite a while so I cannot open them up and check what the differences are - from memory one may have had slightly different trannies - far as I recall neither has seen a soldering iron and were stock - I just remember being so surprised that they sounded so different - I had expected that they would be exactly the same but not at all!!

SO I GOT LEAD & RHYTHM VERSIONS - all I need now is one with the sunken controls in the old Astrotone case :marx:

Brad - maybe it's time I asked you to make me a pedal - you can see my tastes - so I'd be cool with whatever you would like to make for me - whenever ! In fact that would be fun!! Kind of match the pedal to the guy (like pinning the tail on the donkey :oldlol: ) maybe if you felt like it we could PM each other :chillin:
Cheers - Graham :mrgreen:
Creepyfingers

Post by Creepyfingers »

Yo

That's interesting about the Sam Ash. I figure its time to mention that there will be two new Creepy Fingers Effects coming out soon. One is a MkII style Tone Bender ( couldn't resist) using OC75's. Its called the Magnabender. The other is a sort of signature pedal for Ed Mundell from Monster Magnet. Its a smaller simplified version of the Creepyface. A silicon germanium hybrid. They should be out in the next couple weeks. Ed was planning on selling them at the merch booth during Monster Magnets European festival run. We're hoping to have some done in time. I'll be figuring out prices soon.

--Brad
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Brad,
the magnabender sounds like its gona be super fuckin awesome!! I most definately want one now that there's pretty much no chance of getting a DAM MK II...I think others here will agree!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
RabbitPunch

Post by RabbitPunch »

Creepyfingers wrote: Ed was planning on selling them at the merch booth during Monster Magnets European festival run. We're hoping to have some done in time. I'll be figuring out prices soon.

--Brad
I love that idea! I'm very interested as well do you have a mailing list or anything? I've only seen you myspace page.
Before bringing up drugs with your kids, hook your turntables up to a wah-wah pedal.
JP30

Post by JP30 »

sounds pretty exciting.
I like the idea of creepyfinger version of MK2.

I can't deside which pedal I want to order after I get my kay fuzz...
Sage

Post by Sage »

Happy Birthday To Me... got my Creepy Fingers Kay Fuzz today! yayyyy!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Happy birthday Sage ,you Gemini you....According to USPS, mine arrives today. Woo hoo!!!
What do you want from life
An Indian guru
to show you the inner light?
Sage

Post by Sage »

Thanks, man. It looks pretty sharp... yes it is orange.
Geoffrey wrote:Happy birthday Sage ,you Gemini you....According to USPS, mine arrives today. Woo hoo!!!
Sage

Post by Sage »

Mine is #2.
Sickle wrote:I got called into work for a fucking double shift, no one's at home to sign for Kay Fuzz #1..

:choke:
JP30

Post by JP30 »

some of you ve already got it?

mine must be on the way then !! :crackjam: