A Handful of Skin Pimp OC81D Skin Bender MkII Clips...

Everyone else.

Moderator: The Captain

Skinpimp

Re: A Handful of Skin Pimp OC81D Skin Bender MkII Clips...

Post by Skinpimp »

Ahhhhh Xan , Your clips always make me happy!!!! Very very well versed and great recordings!! playing is great too !

As far as the Differences between the 81D's and 75's are gain differences. the 75s are a bit more brutal and aggrressive in the mids.. 81's tend to be sweeter with less gain.. But being Driver devices dont let the low gain fool you , they are monsters.. I will not be one to sit here and say oh it has to have this or that .. because truth be told I love them all , even some dirty japanese transistors ... :choke: I am a transistor junkie and love to find magic in all that is abound.. and I have found that mix matching transistors for there individual character yields some pretty killer results in the overall tone of the MKII ..

with the skin bender and the way i wanted to approach the pedal the 81D doesn't fair to well with the fuzz face side.. Like Xan said it sounds good , and musical ,but is less gain. I have found that it is a nice Clean up fuzz face though ..YMMV..

HUGE thank you to Xan for the killer clips !

Ryan
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

yummy! This is the first time in my life I regret having to go on holiday! LOL... can't freaking wait to get back and play a skinpimp!!! :freakout:
Live Slow... Die old...
drunkenguitarist

Post by drunkenguitarist »

Good Lord, Xan! That Skin Bender/Les Paul combo sounds fantastic. Great playing as usual. :tu:
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

Great job as always Xan with the clips and the range of tones and sounds.

I have the honor of owning Skinbender #1 which is also a OC81D special like yours, this is my 2nd skinpimp pedal along with the SP MKIII

The OC81's for the fuzz face side really do make for a nice character as opposed to the traditional trannies normally used in a Fuzz Face circuit.

Hopefully you can keep it and swing the new MKII pedal that Dave is do also building for Sola Sound!

Cheers :cheers:
Joe
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

smogfalls wrote:haha, yep, 4 MkII's is too many for me to justify right now so I'll be thinning the heard in preparation for the royal arrival of the DAM/Sola Sound MkII :marx:
:squint:
Sauniere

Post by Sauniere »

Sounds killer btw!