Ok, I'll ask about the new retail situation...

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

Richard Groff

Ok, I'll ask about the new retail situation...

Post by Richard Groff »

First, congratulations to Dave for figuring out a system that will help him retain as much of his sanity as possible and do more of what he loves and less of what he doesn't.

Second, nice score for Joe at V&R Guitars for becoming fuzz ground zero.

But lastly, I'm sure I'm as curious as anyone as to how the mechanics of pedal sales are actually going to go. If there is no waiting list and no BINs and seemingly no reduction on the demand for D*A*M's wares, then I'm not sure how those of us not living down the street from V&R Guitars will actually get a chance to buy one.

I get its some kind of first-come-first-serve, but I'm sure it hasn't escaped anyone's notice that list fill up VERY quickly and pedals don't last more than 3 seconds in BIN shootouts. Joe has only gotten a small taste of the email/phone volume that will be generated when Super Bee's stock become available, or a new custom short run, etc.

Just wondering what we might expect as I don't imagine all of this wouldn't have been thought out in advance.
CitizenAudio

Re: Ok, I'll ask about the new retail situation...

Post by CitizenAudio »

I was sincerely shocked when the Captain said 15 of the 25 Drag N Fly's from the most recent batch were never claimed. I think the desire for these pedals are greater than ever but there is a big difference between "wanting" and "buying".

I was skeptical at first because what is the real reason behind all this? Dave needs to live well and he shouldn't be chained to a work table. If he were a God and didn't need food, sex, and drugs, then I'm sure he would love to handle EVERY aspect of the business personally. So, by letting go of control, there is a tiny bit of uncertainty. But no, I underestimated Dave's power of judgement. He has all this shit figured out. No one talks shit about Dave, cuz he runs the tightest ship in the ocean. I see Skreddy, Paul Cochrane, Ed @ Toneczar, get so much shit about this stuff, and they have to respond to it and it must drive them batshit crazy. What a mad genius Dave is.

On top of that, after dealing with Joe @ V&R, I can safely say that acquiring D*A*M pedals will be much easier for everyone in general. Does it really make sense for someone to buy more than 1 of any pedal, or a whole line of pedals at once? I think as more pedals become available at a quicker rate, we'll smoke out the floppers and the people who really want Dave's products will acquire them.

Joe did get back to me as quickly as possible through email. I asked a general question about his stock and he actually told me that since I was one of the few early emailers, I could pick the pedal I wanted, either the Red Rooster and Drag N Fly. I picked the latter. I suspect though that natives of Britain and Europe will have a slight advantage whether by calling or stopping in. But hey, I am in Columbus, OH and I got myself a Drag N Fly. Some of you natives missed the boat. It's all good, you'll get one sooner than you think now because Dave doesn't have to deal with our incompetence and retarded battyness.

Systems are not perfect but so far my observations are:

- Joe is the right man for the job
- He doesn't overlook anyone from anywhere
- The system is more fair now than ever
- The system encourages new D*A*M followers
- The system prevents flopping
- Encourages more pedals from Dave
- GETS RID OF WAITLISTS - (No one benefits from waitlists... NO ONE)
Cado

Post by Cado »

I just scored a Red Rooster from V&R. I was planning to jump on the list when it reopend, but this way worked out well. It would be cool if Joe gives us a heads up here when new stock arrives. Then again, the wait lists worked for me, I'd get an email from Dave that would begin by saying "Thanks for the speedy payment." I don't get these other people that got on the list & didn't want the pedal. :bleh:
CitizenAudio

Post by CitizenAudio »

Even if you get lucky and get on the waitlist, you still have to wait. Your mood, taste, even the girl you fuckin might change between that time. Personally, I think livin spontaneously is a nice thing. A pedal becomes suddenly available is a lot more exciting than "You are guaranteed this pedal but have to wait 2 years..."

And here is the real kicker, you won't be on every single waitlist. Sometimes you'll get the short straw and miss the chance. Now you got no chance of getting what you want anytime soon because you didn't check your email that very minute? Karmas a bitch you know...
JP30

Post by JP30 »

I was really confused and was VERY worried at first when I read the post/E-mail. I know exactly how Richard Groff feels about this.
I still am little nervous to see how this is going to come out, to be honest.

but as citizenaudio put it
with wating list, from OUR point of view, it look like that we were guranteed to get the pedal SOMEDAY once we were on the list.
BUT in actuality it is just a false sense of understanding when to expect the pedal to arrive :roll:.

Look what happend to MK2 list. (NO offence intended CAPt'n).
Ed @ Toneczar must be feeling the same way about the wating list...

from DAVE's view... Holy sh1t, what a mess and a pain in the A$$ this may have been for him.
he must have been frustrated about that wating list for MKII much more than people actually wating for the pedal.

PISSss me off when I saw some people saying that he is tactifully delaying the production to jack up the price... IT really BOILS me.

with new way of doing things...
1. we contact V&R though enquirely or E-mail to let them know you are interested.
2. Joe will keep our name on the list.
3. Once the pedal gets to him. he will contact us for the money . . .
WELL . . . THIS Process sounds very close to the wating list syetem, except there's no headache for the captain. and there is a middle man to deal with.

well... you might say . . " WE woun't have idea when the pedal will be available..." . . . in actulality . .. neither when You were on the wating list. :hihi:

I did not get any pedals from V&R this time around.. I miss the boat.
BUT I AM sure that V&R Fuzlight Joe will take care of me when the time. :dance: comes.
CitizenAudio

Post by CitizenAudio »

I think it is important to realize that Joe will add you to an email subscription that notifies you when a pedal becomes stocked. It isn't a waitlist and by no means guarantees you anything. More of a heads up than a waitlist.
JP30

Post by JP30 »

CitizenAudio wrote:I think it is important to realize that Joe will add you to an email subscription that notifies you when a pedal becomes stocked. It isn't a waitlist and by no means guarantees you anything. More of a heads up than a waitlist.
thanks for clarifying that for me .. :doh: