I got me Buzz on...

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

kb892

Re: I got me Buzz on...

Post by kb892 »

I felt very much the same about my AM FF... woofy and suprisingly bland considering the hype. I ended up selling it since I had the old Super C. I am interested in what you have to say about this new one though because when all's said and done you'll at the very least know that the FF you've got was made by someone who studied good original examples and took pride in replicating that to the best of his abilities. That's worth a lot.
Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

the input cap is 1µF instead of 2.5µF, which should make it less woofy.
Everything is transitional.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

...the output cap is 0.1uf though so its kinda counter productive.
JP30

Post by JP30 »

stopmaykinsense wrote:
Richard Groff wrote:I just want to hear it in a shootout with an Analogman NKT275 so I can hear what the other $1400 gets you!

:fu: :popcorn: :fu: :popcorn: :fu: :popcorn: :fu:
Well I can't comment on the Head Buzz as of now since it's not in my possession yet. However, I HAVE owned and played 2 different Analogman NKT275 Sun Faces and they both sounded quite dull and a bit too woofy. Not to open the tone debate since it's very subjective, but if someone wants to loan me a Sun Face I'll A/B it with my Head Buzz and post the clip.

Anybody up for the challenge?

Don't hate mother fuckers. Oh babeeeee youuuuu, you got what I neeeeeeeeed. :crackjam:

I had my analogman NKT? Ge fuzzface right next to Sickle's Buzzhead.
I A/Bed them.

I still like analogman's Fuzzface for low gain smooth boring fuzz.
but Buzzhead was mo'better. it has that ideal Ge fuzzface sound that I been searching every since I started my fuzz quest.

analogman's pedals are good. and it's $200.
D*A*M Buzzhead.... was sold for $800... I believe buzzhead worth AT LEAST $600 more. AT least to me.

I hope you like yours stopmaykinsense.

(i ve never even owned or heard an original Ge fuzzface before......)
Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

The Captain wrote:...the output cap is 0.1uf though so its kinda counter productive.
odd, eh? The one that was traced at freestomp had a 0.01µF.
JP30 wrote: analogman's pedals are good. and it's $200.
D*A*M Buzzhead.... was sold for $800... I believe buzzhead worth AT LEAST $600 more. AT least to me.
you must be rich.
Everything is transitional.
Richard Groff

Post by Richard Groff »

stopmaykinsense wrote:
Richard Groff wrote:I just want to hear it in a shootout with an Analogman NKT275 so I can hear what the other $1400 gets you!

Well I can't comment on the Head Buzz as of now since it's not in my possession yet. However, I HAVE owned and played 2 different Analogman NKT275 Sun Faces and they both sounded quite dull and a bit too woofy. Not to open the tone debate since it's very subjective, but if someone wants to loan me a Sun Face I'll A/B it with my Head Buzz and post the clip.

Don't hate mother fuckers. Oh babeeeee youuuuu, you got what I neeeeeeeeed. :crackjam:
No hate here, just a little friendly teasing. No one with the balls to pay that kind of scratch for a guitar pedal should care one bit what anyone thinks.

I believe in the market and love the idea that the Captain can get $1600+ for a cranked up fuzz face clone. It matters not one bit whether it is worth it to me. Obviously its worth it to someone else and that's very cool. Its interesting, makes good conversation and provides continual incentive to the best builder to continue to come up with different wares. All good in my book.
Scott

Post by Scott »

You gotta do the clip. Our curiosity is too much for us fuzz freaks to handle! :party: :dance: I can't wait to hear how amazing this pedal is!!
garyrogue

Post by garyrogue »

Man I would have loved one of these, but I had to resist and that I did.
fatherjack

Post by fatherjack »

stopmaykinsense wrote:

Yeah, I'm up for that challenge! But - my Sunface has been accidentally cemented to my garage floor, so YOU will have to send ME the Head Buzz so that I can do the clips. I reckon I could get the job done and have it sent back to you in, say, a year or two?
:headbanger:
I could give up beer, but I'm not a quitter.
Richard Groff

Post by Richard Groff »

stopmaykinsense wrote:
....but this cunting pedal is never leaving my sight man. SHIT FUCK PISS.
Its no joke, either. Since I put my Pro MKII on my board gigs are 5x more stressfull. I can't let my pedals out of my site, even for a minute... and I bought it for store prices. I would never be able to gig with a pedal I paid $1600 for that didn't have an armed security guard standing next to it.