I got me Buzz on...

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

Electric Warrior

Re: I got me Buzz on...

Post by Electric Warrior »

Electric Warrior wrote:
The Captain wrote:...the output cap is 0.1uf though so its kinda counter productive.
odd, eh? The one that was traced at freestomp had a 0.01µF.
alright, somebody was able to confirm 0.01µF in his sun face. maybe they changed it at one point?
Everything is transitional.
Cado

Post by Cado »

Richard Groff wrote:
stopmaykinsense wrote:
....but this cunting pedal is never leaving my sight man. SHIT FUCK PISS.
Its no joke, either. Since I put my Pro MKII on my board gigs are 5x more stressfull. I can't let my pedals out of my site, even for a minute... and I bought it for store prices. I would never be able to gig with a pedal I paid $1600 for that didn't have an armed security guard standing next to it.
I couldn't see myself slapping a piece of velcro to the bottom of a $1,600 pedal. Oh and what about those people stumbling around with their full pints and mixed drinks within range of the board. :headpop: I could never do it.
Scott

Post by Scott »

You are soooo right Cado. I'd be really nervous to gig with this, but damn it would sound soo amazing to. Not an easy decision. I think, in the end, i would gig with it because this pedal will make your tone sound classic, instantly. And it's only Gold, it's not like it will stand out. :errr: :crackjam: :hihi: I actually really like the color and the finish. Very smooth!
chetz

Post by chetz »

Pedals like these and nice cars need to be played and driven. I have a bunch of friends that have Vipers, Ferarri's, and Lambos that hardly ever drive them. WTF? Except for one or two pedals I let my son put anything I/We have on his board and play the shit out of since he is the real musician in the family. The pedals that are the exception are pedals that I am holding back on to give him some day. When that day comes I hope he plays the shit out of them then.
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

Great attidude chetz.. I'm with you.
No sense in buying good shit if you aint gonna use it... if you care about their integrity, just put them in a rack unit and use an easy midi switcher, pproblem solved! ;)
Live Slow... Die old...
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

you can also not put it on your board and sit it atop your amp
I do that with my sparkly red 66
L O V E
Richard Groff

Post by Richard Groff »

molokaio wrote:Great attidude chetz.. I'm with you.
No sense in buying good shit if you aint gonna use it... if you care about their integrity, just put them in a rack unit and use an easy midi switcher, pproblem solved! ;)
+1 for me, but it does add stress. I've never been totally care-free with my gear at gigs because in one way or another, everything I show up with is much more valuable than what they sell at Guitar Center, but knowing I have a pedal worth around a grand sitting on stage is a step up.

That being said, I wouldn't want to NOT be able to gig with my gear and I certainly don't sweat bumps and chips. I only really worry about theft.
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

right on Richard... infact I think one should use his gear, but that doesnt mean he doesnt have to be careful... that's why I prefer using a rack unit and a midi swicher, so I can close the rack when I'm away, and since it's pretty big Im sure the dont run any risk...

unfortunately I quit with my bad one year ago, and still havent managed to start up another one... so no gig sweats for now.

:pirate:
Live Slow... Die old...
TBoneB

Post by TBoneB »

molokaio wrote:right on Richard... infact I think one should use his gear, but that doesnt mean he doesnt have to be careful... that's why I prefer using a rack unit and a midi swicher, so I can close the rack when I'm away, and since it's pretty big Im sure the dont run any risk...

unfortunately I quit with my bad one year ago, and still havent managed to start up another one... so no gig sweats for now.

all that just seems like too much shit to carry around if you don't have a tech...but thats just me.
chetz

Post by chetz »

TBoneB wrote:
molokaio wrote:right on Richard... infact I think one should use his gear, but that doesnt mean he doesnt have to be careful... that's why I prefer using a rack unit and a midi swicher, so I can close the rack when I'm away, and since it's pretty big Im sure the dont run any risk...

all that just seems like too much shit to carry around if you don't have a tech...but thats just me.
Careful is "For the Win" FTW!