I got me Buzz on...

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

Electric Warrior

Re: I got me Buzz on...

Post by Electric Warrior »

Electric Warrior wrote:
Electric Warrior wrote:
The Captain wrote:...the output cap is 0.1uf though so its kinda counter productive.
odd, eh? The one that was traced at freestomp had a 0.01µF.
alright, somebody was able to confirm 0.01µF in his sun face. maybe they changed it at one point?
the one Kristo is selling also has the 0.01µF output cap.. :hmm:
Everything is transitional.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

I guess the decision was made to make it a little less darker over the years. The one I have to hand with the 0.1uf output cap is a 2004 model so its a few years old now. It does give it a pretty bad ass growl when you really juice the thing out into a cooking amp but a little dynamics are sacrificed at lower cleaner volume levels. Same deal with the real early Dragonfly's...I was using a 1uf on the output on those :bong2: :hihi:
Electric Warrior

Post by Electric Warrior »

actually Krito's is dated 3/2009.
maybe they experimented with 0.1µF for a short while. it sure looks like they are making them a bit bassier now. Kristo's has a 500k volume pot instead of the 250k they used to use.
Everything is transitional.
PlumCrazy

Post by PlumCrazy »

250K - love it. gives a clarity to the individual strings. I couldn't imagine a 500K with a .1uf output into any amp with a 250uf cathode bypass (Bassman or Marshall). Would think it'd be mud. I guess I'm just not a purist when it comes to this circuit. I also have my Strat setup with the older style .1uf cap on the tone which might account for a bit of it.
http://www.plumcrazyfx.com
Everytime i comb my hair, thoughts of u get in my eyes.