SuperBee for Teh Hevay?

Germanium fuzz tones for old school heavy minds.

Moderator: The Captain

slomatic

SuperBee for Teh Hevay?

Post by slomatic »

Anyone using their SuperBee for heavy rockin? From the description on the blurb it sounds like the Bee could be a Sabbath-worshippers dream!!!
Volume over talent
CitizenAudio

Re: SuperBee for Teh Hevay?

Post by CitizenAudio »

I don't think it's that heavy. yeah it is buzzy and raspy but the Titan or Meathead is a lot more heavy. I've never tried the Bee though but I have a 1966 with the Super Bee mode. I would say that the Meathead would be the ultimate pedal for heavy distortion/fuzz. But I have no idea what black sabbath used for pedals.
imlikeajungle

Post by imlikeajungle »

If I'm not mistaken the Super Bee pedal has a lot more bass than the Super Bee Mode.
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

I think the Super Bee could be quite Sabbath based on the home page clip.
IMO: SG + Red Rooster (rhythm) + Super Bee (lead) + Faustone Value Klipper + Dark British Amp = Sabbath.
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

Cheers D. Thats pretty much what I was hoping to hear, and enough to persuade me to chase one! Its the subtle differences that count. Its great that there are folk on this forum who understand what I mean by 'heavy' too. Thanks! Now some fucker sell me their Bee!
Volume over talent
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

Sickle wrote:a carefully tailored blend of fuzz and tube overdrive, which is probably my favorite tonal flavor above all.
Mine too.
i love sharin foo

Post by i love sharin foo »

I'm really looking forward to getting ahold of a Super Bee to use for heavy stuff too. I really like the Super Bee setting on the older '66 that I have already, so a superer version of that would definitely suit me. I'd love to hear what you guys could do with one David!! BTW, got the EP in the mail yesterday.. great, great stuff as usual!!
Scott

Post by Scott »

I have one of the yellow super bees and it is a fuzz sound that is matched by no other fuzz pedal i've ever heard. It is its own beast. Big D described it perfectly. Can't really add much to what he said except that i just love the tight bass fuzz response and when the fuzz is dialed back, it lands somewhere magical. THIS IS A MUST HAVE PEDAL. I love cranking this through my early 70's vibrolux reverb>my first amp bought back in 1973. :smashed: :party: :tu:
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

Cheers justin, glad you like it! We're recording a session for the bbc next week so I guess the Bee will be used and abused then. Gotta say i am really looking forward to this wee beast!
Volume over talent
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Hey Slo, I did a clip of a Super Bee with my Orange amp it's in the "Sounds & Videos > Us" section.
I think it is great for heavy stuff. If you use high output pickups I would recommend a booster after the pedal if you want to get to unity gain. Unless you leave it always on. :zgrin:

PS: The Hoof is doing well!