Endtimes

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

stella_blues

Re: Endtimes

Post by stella_blues »

What’s happening food wise in Italy? How are you all getting fed when everything is shut....is it just stockpile and hope for the best, that seems be be what’s happening in the UK just now
ufoclub

Post by ufoclub »

Hi, the thing is much more serious than what they say at the beginning,
here the schools have been closed since February 24,
10 days ago they closed all restaurants bars and shops, only banks ,food stores are open, the virus spreads very quickly ,
what makes many victims is not the lethality of the virus, but the collapse of the health system.

In Italy we started before the other EU countries to do tests also for this here the numbers are higher , we think that the infected are much more than the numbers because the virus can be asymptomatic.

So they came up with the solution to quarantine the nation, hopefully the virus will lose potency over time, or a solution will be found.

War is worldwide, it is not enough for a nation to defeat the virus, unless it isolates itself from the rest of the world.
In Italy the mortality rate is very high because they say we are a nation of old people.
I personally don't know what to believe anymore

take care think positive

p.s.sorry for my english
Last edited by ufoclub on Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blues 1911

Post by Blues 1911 »

stella_blues wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:36 pm What’s happening food wise in Italy? How are you all getting fed when everything is shut....is it just stockpile and hope for the best, that seems be be what’s happening in the UK just now
No problems under that point of view, supermarkets and pharmacies are all absolutely open and are well stocked.
We are allowed to go out alone just for buying food, medicines, or for going to work, if we can't do from home.
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

My heart goes out to all of you in Italy, it must be absolutely crazy for you guys, especially with the large elderly population.

Australia isn't too bad so far, but we're only at the beginning of the curve. Hopefully they can bring in effective measures fast enough to slow the spread.
Ben
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

14797BBB-02E3-4486-B432-D933C3392D37.jpeg
14797BBB-02E3-4486-B432-D933C3392D37.jpeg (338.16 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Definitely strange times everywhere...like nothing anyone currently living has ever experienced. The virus will do what it does: most or us will get it, most of us will be fine. Quite a few folks will die. Eventually it will run it’s course and folks will build up immunity to it. That’s all for sure what’s going to happen. What the big unknown is what is going to happen to local and global economies due to businesses being shut down, the stock market crashing, people being out of work, bills not being paid, and bot being able to get back out of it. Here in Seattle, which is sort of the epicenter for coronavirus in the USA (although still far behind the epidemic in China and Italy) almost everything is shut down. And many places are closing voluntarily, although certianly they will be forced to soon. Over 50 resteraunts/bars have already shuttered their doors for good, with certainly many more to follow. My wife is a bartender. She’s completely out of a job, for who knows how long. I teach guitar for a living. I’m lucky enough to have most of my students willing to go to online skype lessons. At least this month, since everyone’s already paid for the month. But what happens next month? Are folks going to want to continue? What about in 2 months? What’s the first thing you’re going to want to cut when money is tight...certainly guitar lessons. For many of my musician friends it’s much worse: non gigs equals no money. Simple as that. If you’re self employed you can’t just file for unemployment. Many of us don’t have health care. It will really be a dire situation sooner than later. Italy, South Korea, and most of the EU has a leg up on the US because we have an absolute fucking idiot shitbag running our government, spreading misinformation and barring potential testing and aid until the last possible moments. Whats happening now is nothing compared to what’s going to happen when we all “come out the other end of this.”
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Make no mistake folks: what’s happening in Italy will happen EVERYWHERE. And SOON. It’s happening in Seattle and it ramped up SUPER quickly! The economic fallout will be like nothing anyone has ever seen before, and it will be worldwide.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

Yeah, things in Oz (in Sydney at least) are deteriorating rapidly. Schools are still open (for now) but my wife and I are now both officially working from home till further notice. Mixed messages from government in all its wonderful forms - federal, state, etc - but it's already pretty obvious that it's going to lead to economic devastation, particularly for small businesses and retailers, who do things tough from week to week as it is. Regardless of whether or not we should be hitting the panic button now, later, two weeks ago or not at all, the panic is as real as it gets. Shops haven't officially been instructed to shut down, but the streets are pretty much empty and nobody is going out and buying anything - except for toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, hand sanitiser and dry pasta, which are missing from the shelves of virtually every supermarket. Saw a guy walking down George Street today with a jumbo pack of toilet rolls and briefly considered mugging him for that sweet, sweet paper. Sure as hell wasn't anybody else around to stop me.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

redeyeflight wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:01 am Make no mistake folks: what’s happening in Italy will happen EVERYWHERE. And SOON. It’s happening in Seattle and it ramped up SUPER quickly! The economic fallout will be like nothing anyone has ever seen before, and it will be worldwide.
I read in the news yesterday that the US government is looking at sending checks directly to those affected. The Swiss government is looking at paying the salaries of those who are not able to work through this time. I can imagine that the if the banking and airline industry is, too big to fail then we are, too little to fail, is also true.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Philip

Post by Philip »

If you have a MKI wedge, keep it, that mighty enclosure might come in handy as a weapon if things turn desperate. :shocked: