Cheapness praise!

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Jim Goad

Re: Cheapness praise!

Post by Jim Goad »

Marshall BB2

2 effects in 1 box for about £30. 'Blues' setting gives a bluesy drive sound that's supposed to sound like an old Marshall. It doesn't, but it's an OK distortion sound that cleans up well. Works best with single coils. 'Boost' setting gives a big volume increase (nearly as much as a Sonic Titan) & a little dirt although its supposed to be totally clean. It drives a clean valve amp really well though.

It's basically a good workhorse pedal that's best suited to being used with a Strat or Tele cos it gets a bit mushy with humbuckers. Very solid metal construction too.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by Garfunk M. Rafferty »

I dunno how "cheap" we're talking, but the Dunlop Hendrix Octave fuzz is great. The fuzz settings are a little love it or hate hate, very dark and gate-y. If you get it set just as an octave and run it into a fuzz pedal, for my money it beats the shit out of the Fulltone Ultimate Octave and the Mayer Octavia.
Nicorette for your chakras.
Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by Garfunk M. Rafferty »

I didn't explain myself very well man, I haven't had a day off this week and my brain is running on caffeine, nicotine and bad chinese food, I mean the Octavia is a great pedal, but because my use of the octave is pretty limited I'd grudge paying big money for it.
Nicorette for your chakras.