Anyone seen the movie Primer?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Creepyfingers

Re: Anyone seen the movie Primer?

Post by Creepyfingers »

Maybe I'm just deaf from standing in front of a SVT for the last 15 years but I couldn't follow the movie past a certain point just from not being able to make out all the mumbling! I'd say just a little past halfway through. Seems like they just start referring to characters and things that have happened like I took an extended bathroom break and just came back to the movie. Someone make a spoiler alert and see if they can make sense of it... Sucks too because I was really into it while I could understand what was going on.

--Brad
Poorbob

Re: Anyone seen the movie Primer?

Post by Poorbob »

Creepyfingers wrote:Maybe I'm just deaf from standing in front of a SVT for the last 15 years but I couldn't follow the movie past a certain point just from not being able to make out all the mumbling! I'd say just a little past halfway through. Seems like they just start referring to characters and things that have happened like I took an extended bathroom break and just came back to the movie. Someone make a spoiler alert and see if they can make sense of it... Sucks too because I was really into it while I could understand what was going on.

--Brad
You're not alone in not understanding. Apparently you have to be a time theorist with a background in physics to get it the first time. For real, an actual time theorist. That's intense. There was a book made by someone that perfectly explained everything, but I guess the email link to get that book is dead. There are something like 9 separate time lines to follow, so you really have to take like a week to semi-comprehend the movie.

As far as the mumbling, there are subtitles you can turn on and scripts you can print out to help follow the dialogue.