Lil' Chuckster - Premium Hand Built 9V Combo - NEW

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

pigeontoe

Re: Lil' Chuckster - Premium Hand Built 9V Combo - NEW

Post by pigeontoe »

Can these little amps handle a fuzz box into them? Or do they fart out like most solid state amps.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
drasp

Post by drasp »

pigeontoe wrote:Can these little amps handle a fuzz box into them? Or do they fart out like most solid state amps.
By design, they have very little headroom. If you're looking for an amp that will preserve the texture of your fuzz or handle a high gain signal, you'd best look elsewhere. The Chuckster does LOVE Rangemasters and any kind of good treble or upper mid 'kick-in-the-face'. Dial in a nice clean sound, roll back the gain & whomp it with your favorite boost for some really, really good times. I also enjoy stuff like a fuzz face or any good 'clean-up' fuzz as you can get similar interaction to running said fuzz into an angry Marshall.
NewarkWilder

Post by NewarkWilder »

drasp wrote:Know what else is awesome? This new clip by my man Fatback!!! :badlove:

oops I just posted this too in the "them" demo section, but uhh, it deserves the attention right?

I can't wait to get mine, seriously :badlove:
drasp

Post by drasp »

Sickle wrote:We don't need double threads. This video's been posted three times here today, the first time in Drasp's announcement thread, so this one's going buh-bye.
THREE TIMES!? :paranoid:
(I saw Mike's thread - where else did it get posted?)

Sorry Mike, I should've mentioned that I'd already started a thread here. . . :lol:

Thanks for the cleanup Sickle.
NewarkWilder

Post by NewarkWilder »

doh.

:doh:
blue_lu

Post by blue_lu »

this sounds lovely. I want one! :crackjam:
drasp

Post by drasp »

Heads up, y'all! Doing a fresh build run of these - first Chucksters since Christmas! Anyone looking to pull the trigger in the next few weeks should hit me up ASAP! :D
drasp

Post by drasp »

This Lil' Chuckster amp is from the most recent build run. Its owner has had some unexpected shifts in his priorities and, unfortunately, won't be able to hold on to the amp. I take a very personal interest in where each & every one of these amps ends up, so I volunteered to help find it a new home & broker the deal w/ the new owner.

This is a GREAT way to get around the normal 4-6wk wait period & save a few dollars on an amp with only a few hours play time. I will, of course, be standing behind this amp 100%, as would be the case regardless of the condition/age/# of owners. In fact, if the new owner would prefer it, the amp could be shipped to me for inspection, for only the cost of S&H (though I don't think this would be necessary!)

Price: $335 shipped & PayPal'd - PM me directly for more info/details.

Take a look/listen to Brett & Bobby's recent demos:

And of course, you can read up on the amp & hear more samples @ my website www.chucksteramps.com