Colorsound Wow Fuzz

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Re: Colorsound Wow Fuzz

Post by get_with_it »

charge wrote:...I hear Hawkwind...
Ha - played silver machine as soon as i plugged it in !

Well - it' been a long time coming - this is mainly my fault for being so damn fussy - first of all about the paint and then the case assembly - the floppy treadle thing is something that has always annoyed me so much ! Checking out the prototype - it was hard to believe i wasn't playing a vintage pedal . Si if you've been waiting for this announcement too long = blame me - Stu and Dave had the circuits nailed long ago .

The circuit selection is amazingly easy ( The ones with the holes in the top were always a bit of a pain - when the switch moved an iota it could get caught on the side of the hole and you'd find yourself engaging the fuzz as you wahed ) - so with this - there is a flexibility to the front on the unit that allows you press either side of the front of the treadle engaging either effect - we did this in the past - it's not new .

I am working on the costing now so I'm going to work this slightly differently , after the nightmare of the last list .

I'll take all the emails from the forum and to info@macaris.co.uk and put them in order - I'll then send out a mail with the price asking if you want to confirm ( as a ballpark it's going to be v similar to a Pro MKII - case is cheaper but obviously build is more expensive ) .

I am so pleased to have another superb pedal to add to our range - I love this concept of a no-corners-cut product using the original tooling and the very best components and builders we could be involved with .

Dave - thanks once again and Stu - great to have you involved .

EW - I owe you a beer or three
Graham - thanks

Philip - there will be one to demo soon :) - thanks for all your work on the clips

I'd like to thank my Mother , my father and anyone else who knows me :chillin:

cheers to all

:cheers:
Philip

Post by Philip »

:party:
d4niel

Post by d4niel »

Oh, how I have been waiting for this day! Having Stu involved in this project as well is just mind boggeling, wonderful surprise! King of fuzz + King of wah + King of awesome old school pedal companies = :headpop:
Cool of you guys to involve EW as well, correct and tidy typography is crazy important! Thanks G for letting the circuit wizard(s) probe your beloved ones.
:trippn: :trippn: :trippn: :trippn:
Philip

Post by Philip »

Looking forward to trying one out! :badteeth:

It'd be cool if a straight Sola/Castledine Wah was available too. :marx:
Gary

Post by Gary »

This is great on so many levels, the pedal and the collaborations :party:

get_with_it wrote:The ones with the holes in the top were always a bit of a pain - when the switch moved an iota it could get caught on the side of the hole and you'd find yourself engaging the fuzz as you wahed ) - so with this - there is a flexibility to the front on the unit that allows you press either side of the front of the treadle engaging either effect - we did this in the past - it's not new
This is exactly why I asked Dave to reverse the switches on my Fuzz-Wah to toe/wah and heel/fuzz. Having both up front would be cool also.

Just sent you an email Ant :tu:
Braden

Post by Braden »

Email sent. Been hoping for this day for far too long. Adding Castledine into the mix just puts it over the top!
GuitarOtoko

Post by GuitarOtoko »

Those look amazing :headpop:
emeka

Post by emeka »

Well done to everyone involved and I think it's super cool to see Stu, Dave, and Anthony working together to bring us the best shit possible. Some may argue for the past, but imho there's never been a better time in the world of fx than now. Case in point right here; these look fucking great. :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :tu:
facebook.com/neptunemassivemusic

facebook.com/paermusic
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

Hi All

ok - have just finished going through the emails - wooah !!!

have also sat down with Steve (Mr Sensible) and gone through the costings

so - this baby actually costs alot more to make than an SCB MKII but we're going to charge the same - so you're going to get a David Main Fuzz ( which by the way it an amazing stand alone fuzz ) PLUS a Stu Castledine wah in the original Colorsund casing ( reconditioned machine tooling ) for £ 332.50 ( +tax in the EU ) + shipping.

I keep thinking thats alot of money for a Wah Fuzz then I think wow- thats cheap for a David Main Fuzz and a Stu Castledine Wah in that case !!!

Anyway - vote with your wallets - there is absolutely no commitment to buy cos you're on the list - the product was launched before we had the price . I will mail everyone in the first batch now .

Of course , if you buy one and don't like it , you're welcome to return it for a full refund ! ( falls of my chair - belive me - you're going to like it )

So , once again , thanks for the overwhelming show of support for this project - I don;t know why I'm still surprised - should be getting used to it !!

But thank you

Rock'n'Roll !

Ant
King Cactus Crusher

Post by King Cactus Crusher »

This is the most visually stunning pedal I have ever seen.